Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rights to the Hornets Brand?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Otherwise, Gerald Wallace is the Charlotte Hornets' all-time leading scorer and the Hornets' all-time playoff record is 0-4.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is a difficult situation and definitely new ground. I know when the Supersonics moved to Oklahoma City they took all the records Conference Championships with them and that when Seattle was trying to get a new team essentially everything would stay in Seattle. But this is a little different because we are getting our original team back. I honestly can't see why NOLA would want to keep any of that because they are trying to essentially start a new franchise. I could only see NOLA putting up a fight if the Hornets had won a championship.

Posted

I bring this article back up, because it looks like Charlotte wants its Phill's jersey back and if they land it - maybe - the attendance banner? Like others have said, what good does this stuff do New Orleans. I could cross over plays or cross over stats, but guys who only played in Charlotte and attendance records only set there. Who cares?

Posted

All of it is ours that happened from 88-02 and I hope the jersey and banner go back up and I think the jersey will for sure.