Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC on the verge of passing the worst voter suppression bill the nation has ever seen

98 posts in this topic

Posted

TENS OF MILLIONS!!!!!

Yep.  Of taxpayer money.  On something that doesn't exist.

I'll ask you again, are you now okay with spending taxpayer money on things that are not real issues?

As a conservative I know that you aren't which is why you surely don't support this.

Posted

How much is your vote worth. 

Posted

How much is your vote worth. 

So yes you agree with the spending on something that isn't really an issue?  That is cool, just never talk about frivolous spending again. 

It is pretty simple.  If you support this, don't ever talk about frivolous spending issues again, if you don't support it I admire you for sticking to your beliefs as a conservative.

Posted

How easy do you repubs think it is to get an ID in Hyde County and Washington County where they don't have DMV offices?  Especially for the poor and elderly?

Posted

So yes you agree with the spending on something that isn't really an issue?  That is cool, just never talk about frivolous spending again. 

It is pretty simple.  If you support this, don't ever talk about frivolous spending issues again, if you don't support it I admire you for sticking to your beliefs as a conservative.

You didn't answer my question. 

I don't see how guaranteeing one person=one legal vote is something that should be described as frivolous.  There are some cost savings here as well.  Reducing the early voting by a week.  More controls on registrations so that less personnel are needed.  Eliminating same-day voter registration.  Removing pre-registration persons from going to high schools. 

So I don't simply accept the premise of your argument.  Sorry.

Posted

How easy do you repubs think it is to get an ID in Hyde County and Washington County where they don't have DMV offices?  Especially for the poor and elderly?

No social services rep assigned?  Think.

Posted

You didn't answer my question. 

I don't see how guaranteeing one person=one legal vote is something that should be described as frivolous.  There are some cost savings here as well.  Reducing the early voting by a week.  More controls on registrations so that less personnel are needed.  Eliminating same-day voter registration.  Removing pre-registration persons from going to high schools. 

So I don't simply accept the premise of your argument.  Sorry.

The spending is in the budget they just passed so you better hurry up and tell them it isn't actually going to cost that much.

Posted

The spending is in the budget they just passed so you better hurry up and tell them it isn't actually going to cost that much.

I know...TENS OF MILLIONS!!!!

Posted

Oh, and my vote should be worth the same as minorities and less fortunate people.  Unfortunately, that will no longer be the case. 

Quit defending this as a validation of legal voting.  SEVERAL key republicans have flat out said both privately and publicly that this is about suppressing voter turnout.  Specifically Democratics voters turnout.

The mental gymnastics you are having to go through to justify disenfranchising 600,000 voters is laughable.

Posted

Republicans are all for spending if it was voted and passed by their party.

They are obviously more concerned at spending money to ensure "one person=one vote" than wanting universal healthcare to succeed.  Typical.   The real reason this passed is clear as day and you just have to look at who it affects.  There is just no defending that.

Posted

I know...TENS OF MILLIONS!!!!

I know it seems small, but food stamps (you know the thing that helps feed people) is just 1.5% of the federal budget, yet it causes you guys to lose your fugging minds.

Again, if you support the bill, don't talk about careless spending, if you don't kudos for you to sticking to your conservatism.

Posted

Oh, and my vote should be worth the same as minorities and less fortunate people.  Unfortunately, that will no longer be the case. 

Quit defending this as a validation of legal voting.  SEVERAL key republicans have flat out said both privately and publicly that this is about suppressing voter turnout.  Specifically Democratics voters turnout.

The mental gymnastics you are having to go through to justify disenfranchising 600,000 voters is laughable.

Georgia and Indiana had similar laws in place prior to the 2012 elections.  I didn't hear much gnashing of teeth about it. 

600,000 LESS VOTERS!!!  TENS OF MILLIONS!!!  WORST VOTER SUPPRESSION LAWS OUR NATION HAS EVER SEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm making fun of you guys and your Chicken Little comments regarding how this is going to be the end of democracy as we know it.