Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

NC on the verge of passing the worst voter suppression bill the nation has ever seen

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Did you read the demographic breakdown?  If you had, you wouldn't have just made such a silly statement. 

In the Survey USA poll about this it was also found 72 percent of North Carolinians agreed with the statement that "it's wrong to pass laws that make it harder for certain people to vote," and 62 percent said they'd "oppose a law that makes it harder for people of one party to vote."

So it just shows that there is a lack of education on this legislation

#77 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Even Speaker Tillis has admitted this isn't really about voter fraud undermining all the previous arguments about it

"There is some evidence of voter fraud, but that's not the primary reason for doing this," Tillis told Melvin.

"We call this restoring confidence in government," Tillis said. "There are a lot of people who are just concerned with the potential risk of fraud."

http://www.wral.com/...push-/12231514/

#78 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

In the Survey USA poll about this it was also found 72 percent o North Carolinians agreed with the statement that "it's wrong to pass laws that make it harder for certain people to vote," and 62 percent said they'd "oppose a law that makes it harder for people of one party to vote."

So it just shows that there is a lack of education on this legislation

"and 62 percent said they'd "oppose a law that makes it harder for people of one party to vote."

OMG...did an actual legitimate surveying company ask that?  LOL.  Show the law that chooses and targets certain people to make it harder for them to vote.  Remember...ID is free. 

#79 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

"and 62 percent said they'd "oppose a law that makes it harder for people of one party to vote."

OMG...did an actual legitimate surveying company ask that?  LOL.  Show the law that chooses and targets certain people to make it harder for them to vote.  Remember...ID is free. 

That's great.  Do you think that not extending hours for people in line makes it easier or harder for people in highly populated areas to vote?

Remember, long lines usually only happen in densely populated areas, aka inner city, urban areas, and bigger cities.  AKA more liberal voters

#80 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

That's great.  Do you think that not extending hours for people in line makes it easier or harder for people in highly populated areas to vote?

Remember, long lines usually only happen in densely populated areas, aka inner city, urban areas, and bigger cities.  AKA more liberal voters

We have a rule.  As long as you are IN line prior to the polls closing, you are allowed to vote.  Pretty simple rule.  Doesn't matter how long the line is...if you were in line...you get to vote.  And furthermore that falls on the responsibility of the local boards of elections...and more than likely they are run by liberals IF it's an urban area. 

#81 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,656 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Wouldn't a smart compromise here be ok we want the id thing to work for everyone and we will keep early voting going and if you are in line and the polls close you still get to vote.

I'm a beilever that despite as much as I hate the phrase perception is reality for those that are voting and you are in office you need to do all you can to remove all doubt.

#82 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,495 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I cannot believe the rationale I am hearing.

How are we trying to restrict votes when we should be doing everything we can to get people to vote.

#83 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,656 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Speaking in terms of where teeray is and g5.

Why not allow online voting and make sure a high level of security is in place.

#84 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

You can't compromise when your objective is to use the power you have at the moment to try and keep it into the future.

I can't believe 6 pages of this crap from G5 and crew, with no evidence of why all this is necessary.

Oh wait, that's been true for the past few years here.

#85 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

There were elections in this state long before all the programs listed started and there will be elections in the state long after they are curtailed.

god bless this argument.  it always comes up it in these threads.

i'll just be turning off your internet connection and taking away your smart phone then.  after all, they're modern conveniences that millions of people take advantage of and have come to take for granted but "we made it just fine without them.  calls were placed and information was looked up long before either existed and calls will be placed and information will be looked up long after they're gone.  you act like people can't make calls or obtain information on their own"

#86 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

We have a rule.  As long as you are IN line prior to the polls closing, you are allowed to vote.  Pretty simple rule.  Doesn't matter how long the line is...if you were in line...you get to vote.  And furthermore that falls on the responsibility of the local boards of elections...and more than likely they are run by liberals IF it's an urban area. 

That is true, but if you wait in line and then realize you are at the wrong precinct, instead of being able to fill out a provisional ballot or go to your designated precinct you will not be allowed to vote. 

If you want to bury your head in the sand about this even though your own party has stated that this isn't about voter fraud than more power to you.

#87 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

i love posting this video

#88 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,927 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

thats a liberal lie!

#89 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Speaking in terms of where teeray is and g5.

Why not allow online voting and make sure a high level of security is in place.

I think they should have online voting if it was feasible.

I think many people are still scared of technology and hacking in public voting.

It would be great if we ever get there.  I would support that.

#90 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

i love posting this video

I will see your video and raise you just ten days ago or so with he chairman of the Pennsylvania RNC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.