Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soo...Elephant in the room question?

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

With all the optimism going into training camp let me ask the question no one wants to think about.

Let me start by saying I like RR and have always thought with a rookie QB (as a new head coach) it would take a couple years to get settled in and year 3 would be the make or break year (one in whIch I think this team will do very well).

But......... If we start off slow, how many losses (and the record) will it take for DG to fire Rivera???

Me ----------> 4-1

1. Loss-- Seahawks
2. Loss-- Bills
3. Win-- Giants

4. Bye week

5. Loss-- Cards
6. Loss-- Vikes

Gives hope to save the season.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cool another Ron Rivera thread. I give you a delicious cherry pie for this thread.

Posted · Report post

I like RR. BUT This is a very realistic outcome with a new GM.

Posted · Report post

I think it's playoffs or bust, but what's the value in firing mid-season? The players haven't given up on him yet, and we don't have anybody on the coaching staff who would be a legit HC option. Anybody who we'd want would already be employed.

RR has proven that he can make the last part of the season interesting. If he gets fired, it'll be at the end of the year.

Posted · Report post

I don't want to take any team for granted but if we lose to the Bills i'll be really disappointed.

Posted · Report post

I agree Rivera could and should be gone if we go 1-4. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If we lose 4 of the first 5 the season is most likely done and Rivera should probably dust off the defensive coordinator resume but I don't know that he gets fired in the middle of the season.  Its just not Jerry's style.

Posted · Report post

I think it's playoffs or bust, but what's the value in firing mid-season? The players haven't given up on him yet, and we don't have anybody on the coaching staff who would be a legit HC option. Anybody who we'd want would already be employed.

RR has proven that he can make the last part of the season interesting. If he gets fired, it'll be at the end of the year.

I agree that not much to gain by firing mid season, but This is DG's team now. I think he would only do it to set the tone for the next guy. IMO

Posted · Report post

I also want to say I don't see that scenario playing out at all, just a worst case scenario

Posted · Report post

I don't believe in firing a coach midseason unless there is a serious problem in the locker room. I don't believe it "sends a message" that's the stupidest fugin thing I ever heard of.

Posted · Report post

I think the message is; I'm not going to put up with losing and everyone should worry.

Sometimes in an organization it's the best message to send.

Posted · Report post

Foxs lame duck season didn't do us any good either. I know, bad comparison with a gutted roster.