Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soo...Elephant in the room question?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Foxs lame duck season didn't do us any good either. I know, bad comparison with a gutted roster.

Posted

Wont happen - it makes NO sense to fire a coach mid season unless hes stealing vicodin or something like that.

Posted

and replace him with who

3 people like this

Posted

To me it makes no sense to keep him. Who knows, maybe Shula or Mcderpmott would step in and lead us to the promised land. Probably not, but it would be better than a lame duck Rivera.

Posted

and replace him with who

Someone with a pulse.

Posted

i think unless a coach is universally hated by the players and they want him gone, firing someone mid-season is just demoralizing to the whole team. I think it tells the players that management is done and has mailed the season in. If I were a player with only so many years to play I'd be furious to know one of mine was so blatantly being wasted. Not even having a real coach to play for.

Posted

Who is to blame for the slow start? There is only so much the coach can do to get grown men to do their job. Case in point; Redskins scheduled their homecoming game for the panthers, that pissed off the players and they went there and whooped ass. The only thing about Rivera was probably being too conservative.

Even with that, had Cam not fumbled against ATL and not thrown into the dirt against Seattle, we are talking about 3-2 by week 5 last season instead of 1-4.

Posted

I don't believe in firing a coach midseason unless there is a serious problem in the locker room. I don't believe it "sends a message"....

Oh it does, but the message it sends is "this team is a dumpster fire".

Posted

he won't be gone after five games. it will be after the season if we don't make the playoffs.

Posted

If we start of slow he needs to go. Our schedule gets harder not easier as the season goes on. If you don't think it sends a message well your wrong. Let your boss get fired while your working on a project. You think your going to mail it in? Or step your ass up and work harder.

I believe Marty getting fired is what sparked this team last year. We saw a different Ron after that. If he goes 1-4 I'd fire him on the spot. Why? Hell why not? With this schedule at 1-4 the season is already over. No more of that winning when it doesn't matter poo.

Posted

I like RR. BUT This is a very realistic outcome with a new GM.

I really don't see how a new GM is going to have very much effect on the field in his first year.This is RR's team now, his guys, his coaches. The feeling things out period is over and the team will rise or fall on Rivera.

Posted

Rivera is not going anywhere.