Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

North Carolina is the poster child for all that is wrong with modern American democracy

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lol

Most people disagree with me... you're not that special

But I will ban you and lock your threads for no reason

Posted · Report post

"fiscal responsibility" generally means "only spending on things that i like or directly benefit from"

qfft

Posted · Report post

BANNING NIPPLES??? Rabble rabble rabble

Posted · Report post

hmmm, i have to admit that i didn't know that using a bank, buying booze, or having a driver's license were required to vote.

i guess this isn't a big deal after all!

My point is that you need a photo ID to do things in everyday life, why should voting be any different.

Posted · Report post

Our point is

It's the most basic right we have

but for some reason its necessary to enact laws to solve a non existent problem

and add another clause again reducing accountability involving spending in politics - apparently knowing even less about who is donating large sums of money to political campaigns and parties while at the same time doing everything possible to restrict young, poor and urban voters = restoring confidence in the voting process

Posted · Report post

My point is that you need a photo ID to do things in everyday life, why should voting be any different.

No you don't

Posted · Report post

my grandmother didn't have a photo ID for at least the last 10 years she was alive.

most voter fraud comes in the form of absentee balloting which voter ID laws won't do a damn thing to solve anyway.  that trends republican though so the GOP doesn't give a shit.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

my grandmother didn't have a photo ID for at least the last 10 years she was alive.

most voter fraud comes in the form of absentee balloting which voter ID laws won't do a damn thing to solve anyway.  that trends republican though so the GOP doesn't give a poo.

Mine too. She wont vote now. Nor will my cousins @ college in Wilmington. I'm curious to see what voter turn out will be like.

Posted · Report post

I think there will be an over compensation for voting where people go oh I'll show you and it will be as much if not more voters.

Posted · Report post

Is that supposed to make people feel better about this?

Posted · Report post

no. its suppose to show you the alarm for either side is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overblown.

can we not have more faith in our fellow man esp those that we seem to think can't put 2 and 2 together or put on their shoes on the right foot?

those that want to vote will find a way to make it happen. those that want to stay home will do that too.

people will come out in droves even more so now because of this. watch.

Posted · Report post

Mine too. She wont vote now. Nor will my cousins @ college in Wilmington. I'm curious to see what voter turn out will be like.

You cousins won't vote for what reason?