Photo
- - - - -

North Carolina is the poster child for all that is wrong with modern American democracy

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

"fiscal responsibility" generally means "only spending on things that i like or directly benefit from"

#17 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

I don't expect anyone that votes R no matter what to appreciate articles like this. These are not aimed at you, but you are welcome to keep bumping these threads.

#18 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

You are generally a bit better poster than the Red, but whatever. Nobody got a pass, did they? Just saying the weekly beating of the same drum from well before McCrory even took office is a bit much. Plus, the faux outrage about redistricing like it has never been done before is also a bit hypocritical.

Tune in next week, for the newest outrage on the Truth channel.

You act like their points are invalid simply because you read somewhere that people were going to criticize the legislators. You've done this in several threads and it's a dim-witted response.

#19 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

You act like their points are invalid simply because you read somewhere that people were going to criticize the legislators. You've done this in several threads and it's a dim-witted response.

What is dimwitted is to take verbatim the crap put out by the media. If you think that a popular mayor and then governor in a swing state is not a target for the media a full four years out, then you are slow.

Same goes for the other side of the aisle. Hillary is now the target for Pubs and they will use every opportunity ot overblow anything she does. Politicians love folks that lap up what they put out. Truth is just a good soldier who himself, ironically, has probably never voted for anyone but a Dem. I have voted for Dems, Pubs, Independents and then skipped races because I hated both.

Dont be fooled by the media campaigns. Some here loved McCrory in real life, but as soon as he was elected and before even taking office, they bought in to the fact that he was just short of a child molestor. Dim witted indeed

#20 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

What is dimwitted is to take verbatim the crap put out by the media. If you think that a popular mayor and then governor in a swing state is not a target for the media a full four years out, then you are slow.

Same goes for the other side of the aisle. Hillary is now the target for Pubs and they will use every opportunity ot overblow anything she does. Politicians love folks that lap up what they put out. Truth is just a good soldier who himself, ironically, has probably never voted for anyone but a Dem. I have voted for Dems, Pubs, Independents and then skipped races because I hated both.

Dont be fooled by the media campaigns. Some here loved McCrory in real life, but as soon as he was elected and before even taking office, they bought in to the fact that he was just short of a child molestor. Dim witted indeed

Some of what you are saying I totally agree with. At the same time these guys have brought a lot, actually most of this on themselves with their actions and words.

I voted for McCrory and was pulling for him to do well. It is unfortunate that he has already lost my vote and is unlikely to get it back.

It is a fact that instituting a voter ID law which ironically is the highest form of voter fraud is going to cost taxpayers millions of dollars to fix a non existent problem.

It is a fact that they declined an estimated 500 million dollars in new revenue, 20,000 new jobs, and left a large number of North Carolinians without health insurance they would otherwise have my not expanding medicaid.

It is a fact that tens of thousands of people are now without unemployment benefits

It is a fact that we are the only state that doesn't qualify for federal unemployment insurance.

It is a fact that they will have spent 600 million dollars in tax breaks without paying for it.

This isn't just media activism. Which by the way is the easy way out that is always taken by Republicans. It is what is happening by their legislation.

#21 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

An article from a liberal site bashing anything they don't agree with. How original.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

An article from a liberal site bashing anything they don't agree with. How original.

Im heading back to The Blaze

Im outtie 5000

#23 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Im heading back to The Blaze

Im outtie 5000

Yeah you are right. You should probably ban me for even mentioning anything going against what you think.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah you are right. You should probably ban me for even mentioning anything going against what you think.

Lol

Most people disagree with me... you're not that special

#25 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Lol

Most people disagree with me... you're not that special

But I will ban you and lock your threads for no reason

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

"fiscal responsibility" generally means "only spending on things that i like or directly benefit from"

qfft

#27 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

BANNING NIPPLES??? Rabble rabble rabble

#28 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

hmmm, i have to admit that i didn't know that using a bank, buying booze, or having a driver's license were required to vote.

i guess this isn't a big deal after all!

My point is that you need a photo ID to do things in everyday life, why should voting be any different.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Our point is

It's the most basic right we have

but for some reason its necessary to enact laws to solve a non existent problem

and add another clause again reducing accountability involving spending in politics - apparently knowing even less about who is donating large sums of money to political campaigns and parties while at the same time doing everything possible to restrict young, poor and urban voters = restoring confidence in the voting process

#30 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

My point is that you need a photo ID to do things in everyday life, why should voting be any different.

No you don't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com