Photo
- - - - -

North Carolina is the poster child for all that is wrong with modern American democracy

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,134 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

My point is that you need a photo ID to do things in everyday life, why should voting be any different.

my grandmother didn't have a photo ID for at least the last 10 years she was alive.

most voter fraud comes in the form of absentee balloting which voter ID laws won't do a damn thing to solve anyway.  that trends republican though so the GOP doesn't give a poo.

#32 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

my grandmother didn't have a photo ID for at least the last 10 years she was alive.

most voter fraud comes in the form of absentee balloting which voter ID laws won't do a damn thing to solve anyway.  that trends republican though so the GOP doesn't give a poo.

Mine too. She wont vote now. Nor will my cousins @ college in Wilmington. I'm curious to see what voter turn out will be like.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think there will be an over compensation for voting where people go oh I'll show you and it will be as much if not more voters.

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Is that supposed to make people feel better about this?

#35 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

no. its suppose to show you the alarm for either side is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overblown.

can we not have more faith in our fellow man esp those that we seem to think can't put 2 and 2 together or put on their shoes on the right foot?

those that want to vote will find a way to make it happen. those that want to stay home will do that too.

people will come out in droves even more so now because of this. watch.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Mine too. She wont vote now. Nor will my cousins @ college in Wilmington. I'm curious to see what voter turn out will be like.

You cousins won't vote for what reason?

#37 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

no. its suppose to show you the alarm for either side is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overblown.

can we not have more faith in our fellow man esp those that we seem to think can't put 2 and 2 together or put on their shoes on the right foot?

those that want to vote will find a way to make it happen. those that want to stay home will do that too.

people will come out in droves even more so now because of this. watch.

If it is just much ado about nothing why is it top priority in every Republican legislature around the country? Why do they keep publiy saying that it is cutting democratic votes?

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

they are buffoons.  do you not think the people they are supposedly targeting isn't going to respond in kind and just swarm the polls to show their response?

do you not have faith in the people the Reps are going after?

#39 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

they are buffoons. do you not think the people they are supposedly targeting isn't going to respond in kind and just swarm the polls to show their response?

do you not have faith in the people the Reps are going after?

If they do, cutting early voting, cutting Sunday voting, and creating long lines in densly populated voting precincts, and taking away provisional ballots are designed to deter people from doing so.

Don't forget redstricting as well. Even if the do it will have less effect on the House.

Even if Democrats receive more overall votes it will be more difficult to change the house.

There is a reason this has become the Republicans top priority around the country.

Bury you head in the sand and slurp the Republicans teat if that is what it takes to swallow this bill. But they have made it clear what this is designed to do, and have championed its results in other states.

Making it more difficult to vote under the guise of fixing a problem that does not exist is fundamentally un- American and is frivolous spending personified.

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Again, Republicans are now for more regulations and for more wasteful spending.

So if you are a true Conservative I would suggest you latch onto the Libertarian party.

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

can't do Libertarian.

i have sent my two cents to the Gov and his team on what they are doing and how stupid and bloated and cave man like it is.

told them how they appear and who they only seem to care about and that if he(Pat) doesn't want to be a one hit wonder he needs to go above and beyond to those that are starting to feel marginalized and reach out.

at the same time, the media is loving the fact the Rep's are doing this. lets not be naive.

this is going to shoot the Rep's in the foot and it will be clear come election time.

#42 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I sent emails too. Clearly they are working!

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

a couple of emails won't cut it. gentle relentless pressure.

and do what i like to call soft power. bend the ear of those that have the ear of those in true power. again. gentle relentless pressure.

results will follow.

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I get what you are saying but this is just so fundamentally wrong on every level, the idea that in 2013 our government would so boldly do something like this is really distressing.

I understand they have idiots like G5 and stirs to keep telling us how this is going to really be great and who will attempt to compensate for the oppositions push also. Blatant racism, and their thought that their ideas are needed so much that usurping democracy to get them done is acceptable, has worked before, and there's no reason to think we as a nation could be exempt from it.

#45 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

From a fellow ex submariner:

Jan, might I ask you that you kindly STFU about what we do in NC. MY elected officials are doing what I want them to do. I suspect in a couple of years it will be back to business as usual in NC when the Democrats resume power, but for now let me enjoy the "Disenfranchisement" of those that want nothing more than another nipple on the sow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com