Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Jon Beason restructures

91 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Awesome. What a day today was for the Panthers and the fanbase. I climaxed.

Posted · Report post

This is amazing, we have no idea if this even mater or if it is a Stewart kind of $50,000 saying on the cap and everyone is acting like we just signed a safety that can actually play at this level. 

I also think Beason had like $4M guaranteed this year, I have no idea if that can be touch (logic says no) so do not expect miracles. And this most likely makes him hard to cut next year, I love what he have done but what if he gets hurt, again, or slows down.

Lets wait for the figures before we judge this. 

Posted · Report post

Beason will have a good year or likely get cut if he doesn't. I sure hope this more of an incentive based contract versus more guaranteed money. Usually when a player restructures they take less but the $ money is guaranteed. I sure hope we aren't giving more guaranteed money to a player that hasn't played in two years.

I can promise you this move was not a philanthropic endeavor.

Posted · Report post

The term "injury prone" gets thrown around a little too much these days.

Great news nonetheless.

Posted · Report post

Is he trolling us or what?

@josephperson: Also, while you were sleeping, confirmed #Panthers LB Jon Beason has restructured contract. Terms not yet disclosed.

Posted · Report post

Is he trolling us or what?

@josephperson: Also, while you were sleeping, confirmed #Panthers LB Jon Beason has restructured contract. Terms not yet disclosed.

Told you he wouldn't find out till today.

Posted · Report post

No grown man should ever say vacay seriously.

What is he, 40?  No grown man should ever spike his hair with his mom's gel either.  I saw him on an NFL Network remote where they were inteviewing him during a segment, and I was embarrassed.   He looked like Vanilla Ice after an all-nighter.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The term "injury prone" gets thrown around a little too much these days.

Great news nonetheless.

Agreed.  They come in bunches, like everything else.  

Beason is a bit small for a MLB and they tend to take a beating.  The thing to watch for is chronic shoulder injuries

Posted · Report post

MJ was barely the 5th highest paid players on his team when playing for the Bulls. He did that because he wanted to win championships. Mission accomplished. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

MJ was barely the 5th highest paid players on his team when playing for the Bulls. He did that because he wanted to win championships. Mission accomplished. 

I mean it also helped that he was making millions from endorsements on the side. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's exactly what I took from this as well.

Joe Person is by far the worst in beat writing history.

That's exactly what I took from this as well.

Joe Person is by far the worst in beat writing history.

Joe Person is actually a good, servicable writer but he is an A-hole. That hurts you in a career where connections for rumors and facts are critical to getting breaking news..

If you were Jon Beason or Gettleman you aren't gonna run to the reporter that gets on your last nerve...lol

Posted · Report post

I feel like this was a move to pave the way for a Hardy extension more than anything.  Or I am just hoping and waiting for this to happen, just as I am waiting for the Kraken to come make another thread.