Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN is reporting Wharton canceled his trip to Denver

48 posts in this topic

Posted

no where does it say he failed a physical.

I could've been wrong... But don't you think if he was going to be put on the PUP list that he would've failed a physical??

Posted

30-something year old lineman coming off a serious acl tear/surgery?

Nah, no health concerns I can see here

Yeah I'm not sure why this is hard to understand.  Eric Winston?  I was all for that till he got signed.  But I definitely don't mind passing on Wharton if he's not healthy enough to start camp.  No guarantee that the injury doesn't flare up again....

Posted

wharton has never played RT except in spot duty, and he struggled as a LT. 

Posted

I believe rscott94 was confusing Travelle Wharton with Eric Wright.  There is no news about Wharton failing a physical or getting a DUI.

Posted

I believe rscott94 was confusing Travelle Wharton with Eric Wright. There is no news about Wharton failing a physical or getting a DUI.

I saw it on another forum but once I researched it I couldn't find anything so I was.. But still Wharton isn't 100% lol

Posted

Hate to break it to you, but it Wharton signs he WILL BE starting this season...at either RG or RT.

He is an upgrade to both Bell and Hangman.

It won't be at T. He sucked at that spot when he was young and fresh. While Bell is not the best he is better than Wharton.

Posted

For a few different reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if Amini moves to RG and Wharton plays LG if he's signed.

Posted

Lest we forget, he was bordering on dreadful at LG the last year he was here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lest we forget, he was bordering on dreadful at LG the last year he was here.

Yep people are sentimental because he played for the Panthers.  No guarantee he's better than anything we have.  Solid depth sure, but I don't think you can pencil him in as a starter day one by any means....

Posted

Mr. Richardson might have said "get my boy  Cam Newton some Help in here!"

Posted

For a few different reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if Amini moves to RG and Wharton plays LG if he's signed.

I feel differently the main reason being we seem to have more plays where the guard pulls from the left side. I know that can change but he isn't gonna be pulling at this point in his career. Amini stays put in my opinion.

Plus Amini just adjusted to the guard spot and settled in the last 5 games or so. He isn't moving for a 32 year old vet that has 2 years max with us.