Photo
- - - - -

ESPN is reporting Wharton canceled his trip to Denver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#37 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I could've been wrong... But don't you think if he was going to be put on the PUP list that he would've failed a physical??

that article that you quoted spoke of the possibility of him starting camp on the pup list.

Wharton has a good history of being healthy, and being a very good player.

The article I read about him being cut, said the reason was salery.

I'll let tge Panthers judge whether or not he's worth signing.

#38 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

For a few different reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if Amini moves to RG and Wharton plays LG if he's signed.

once again, why would anyone assume moving amini?

Wharton can play every position cept maybe the center. You plug him in at RG, and roll.

#39 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Lest we forget, he was bordering on dreadful at LG the last year he was here.

Now he is two years older and post his second torn ACL...

Championship!

#40 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Its not necessarily the number of times of the injury. Theres nothing more misleading to fans than past injuries. It depends on the total amount of damage done, period.

#41 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

I feel differently the main reason being we seem to have more plays where the guard pulls from the left side. I know that can change but he isn't gonna be pulling at this point in his career. Amini stays put in my opinion.

Plus Amini just adjusted to the guard spot and settled in the last 5 games or so. He isn't moving for a 32 year old vet that has 2 years max with us.

I can't comment on the prevalence of pulling left vs. right, but if it's true would the athleticism of the RG (or guards in general) come into play? 

once again, why would anyone assume moving amini?

Wharton can play every position cept maybe the center. You plug him in at RG, and roll.

I said I wouldn't be surprised, not that it would happen.  Wharton played the left side next to Gross his entire career - why not put him back there and put the road-grader on the right side, traditionally a power spot?  It's all just speculation anyway since he hasn't signed.  Long-term though, it makes sense to stagger replacements and not be trying to fill adjacent starting spots at the same time (LG and LT for in a year or two for example).  All depends on what the staff wants to do.

#42 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Guy was absolutely terrible the last couple seasons he was here. He's an improvement. Not a solution.

#43 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Wharton wasn't absolutely terrible, he was a good player when he was here. Would start at RG most likely if signed and healthy, I want vet oline help regardless

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

WHARTON and MIKELL = 2013-2014 PLAYOFFS

Gross-Silatolu-Kalil-Wharton-Bell

Norman-Godfrey-Mikell-Florence

#45 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Why would you assume Norman will start over Thomas? Thomas outplayed him last year

#46 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Why would you assume Norman will start over Thomas? Thomas outplayed him last year

have you seen them play this year?

#47 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I can't comment on the prevalence of pulling left vs. right, but if it's true would the athleticism of the RG (or guards in general) come into play?

I said I wouldn't be surprised, not that it would happen. Wharton played the left side next to Gross his entire career - why not put him back there and put the road-grader on the right side, traditionally a power spot? It's all just speculation anyway since he hasn't signed. Long-term though, it makes sense to stagger replacements and not be trying to fill adjacent starting spots at the same time (LG and LT for in a year or two for example). All depends on what the staff wants to do.

why not?

I'll give you one very important reason. keeping the 2nd year guard between our two best linemen is how your going to get the most out of that second year guard. Ya wouldn't put him next to who knows who, at right tackle, that will likely struggle.

#48 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

something needs to be done at the guard spot if we are as stated before moving back to the tradtional style run game....we need guards with enough talent to get to the lbs on the second level and skill enough to reach the 3techs....Silatolu in my opinion has the physical traits nessecary but i still interested to see how hes developed...ive never thought it was a lack of talent with him more like a lack of experience and knowledge...i would like to bring wharton back simply becasue our multi million $ backfield doesnt do anything without the big boys upfront clearing the way!