Team W/L aside, his personal accomplishments will make him THE highest paid player ever.
I believe after the MVP caliber season that he will put up this year, he will command the biggest contract in NFL history.
Jerry Richardson will pay him whatever it takes to keep him around.
If you look at his records below after 2 seasons, there is no doubt in my mind.
Fantasy sports is a good barometer of an offensive player's production value. In Cam's instance, he has finished 3rd and 5th respectively in the last two seasons in total points. I find it hard to believe that a Jaw's 18th QB ranking and supposed regression in year 2 can put up those individual numbers. Find me another QB who can be considered to have a slump but finish top 3 in individual value?
As I stated, after this year's MVP Caliber season, I expect the season will transcend him to the elite of elite QB's and will dwarf Matt Ryan's salary.
I'm expecting a salary in the range of 25 million per year and the beginning of the face of the NFL.
Cam the entertainer 2014
NFL Rookie Records
· 2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a game (432), September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers (Record beat by Andrew Luck)
· 2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a season (4,051), 2011 (Record beat by Andrew Luck)
· First rookie in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in back to back games, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers
· First rookie in NFL history to throw for 10 touchdowns and run for 10 touchdowns in a season.
· First rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. (Andrew Luck would also pass it in 2012)
· Most total touchdowns by a rookie NFL player: 35 (21 pass, 14 rush).
· 2nd Most rushing yards by a rookie quarterback: 706 (Record beat by Robert Griffin III)
· Along with Andy Dalton, the two make the first pair of rookie QB's to make the Pro Bowl. (Later passed by Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Russell Wilson)
· Most total yards by a rookie quarterback: 4,784.
· Most passing yards by a quarterback in debut game (422), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals
· Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs Green Bay Packers
· First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first career start, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals
· Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games
· First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first two career starts, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers
· Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards (at Arizona Cardinals, vs Green Bay Packers, and vs Jacksonville Jaguars).
· First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games
· Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (14), achieved on December 4, 2011 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
· Second player in NFL history with 20+ pass TDs and 10+ rush TDs in a season, Joining Kordell Stewart ('97).
· First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 10+ rush TDs in a season.
· First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 500+ rush yards in a season.
· Had a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown in the same game eight times, tying the NFL single-season record – previously. accomplished bySteve Grogan of the New England Patriots in 1976 and Daunte Culpepper of the Minnesota Vikings in 2002.
· 25th NFL player to have 20 rushing TD's in first two seasons (First QB Ever to do it)
· 1st QB in NFL history with at least 500 yards rushing in first two seasons.
· 1st player in NFL History to have over 250 passing yards and over 100 rushing yards with a passing TD and rushing TD in a game. (vs Falcons September 12, 2012, 287yards 2TD's, 116yds rushing 1TD)
· 1st player to have 30 passing TD's and 20 rushing TD's in first two seasons
· Most passing yards in first two years (7,920)
· Highest Average yards of total offense, career (293.7)
· Second player in NFL history with 7,500+ pass yards and 40+ pass TDs in first two seasons, Joining Peyton Manning ('99).
Carolina Panthers franchise records
· Rookie quarterback records: completions (310), yards (4,051), passing touchdowns (21), completion percentage (60%), passer rating (84.5).
· Franchise rushing record with an average of 5.60 yards per carry – 2011.
· Longest offensive scoring play (91) to Brandon LaFell, December 24, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
· Second rookie to make Pro Bowl, Steve Smith in 2001 is the other.
· First Panther to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year.
· Most passing attempts without an interception (176).
· AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
· Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year
· 2012 Pro Bowl
· Sporting News Rookie of the Year
· Offensive Rookie of the Month (1x), September, nominated (4x)
· Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (3x), Week 4, 15, and 16, nominated (11x)