Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Ryan is a $100 million man, what do you expect for Cam?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

With the kind of cap hit Ryan's gonna have on the Falcan'ts salary cap, if they don't win it this year I bet Steven Jackson and Osi Uminyora are one-and-done.

Bar the addition of SJ I think their offseason is already evidence of that cap hit.

Not much in the DE department and a pair of rookie corners are going to see a lot of playing time, might not be the year the Falcons think they are in for.

The O is as talented as it gets in the skill positions though.

#47 jfo89

jfo89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

If we make a deep playoff run( I believe we will) obviously these numbers escalate, but I'm going to say 4 years 65 mil for cam

#48 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Cam has already passed for almost 8,000 yards and another 1,400 rushing and accounted for over 60 TD's.

He was originally signed on a relatively cheap rookie deal. Dude is gonna get paid, you might as well get used to the idea now. He will sign for over 100 mill.

I realize the wins aren't where we want them to be yet. But this team has had to rebuild the D too. I really expect this year to be huge in our development for the future. The rule of 3 is important for HC's.

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

As of right now, 75-85mil is the range for Cam unless he takes us deep into the Playoffs this season and show that he can WIN, and win especially in the fourth quarter then he'll deserve the 100mil contract. Ryan is a faggot but the man have taken his team to 4 Playoffs in 5 seasons even though just winning one out of the four games.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Cam has already passed for almost 8,000 yards and another 1,400 rushing and accounted for over 60 TD's.

He was originally signed on a relatively cheap rookie deal. Dude is gonna get paid, you might as well get used to the idea now. He will sign for over 100 mill.

I realize the wins aren't where we want them to be yet. But this team has had to rebuild the D too. I really expect this year to be huge in our development for the future. The rule of 3 is important for HC's.

He's not getting that 100mil contract from Gmagic unless he shows that he can WIN and manage a game.

#51 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

I think they should make Cam the highest paid QB in the league. He is super young and has all the tools you can ask for.

But maybe Cam will get tired of losing and take his talents elsewhere...

#52 Positive Affirmations

Positive Affirmations

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I think they should make Cam the highest paid QB in the league. He is super young and has all the tools you can ask for.

But maybe Cam will get tired of losing and take his talents elsewhere...

-3.5/10

you have to come stronger than that.  at least act like you have a little faith in yourself...

#53 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

If Cam continues to improve, plus the influx of the new TV money. Cams deal will be 6yr/110-120million .... you might as well get used to the idea. 

#54 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Bar the addition of SJ I think their offseason is already evidence of that cap hit.

Not much in the DE department and a pair of rookie corners are going to see a lot of playing time, might not be the year the Falcons think they are in for.

The O is as talented as it gets in the skill positions though.

True, true...

But after this year, they'll lose Gonzalez.

After 2014, they'll lose Roddie White (that is, unless they're hard up for cap-space and cut him early).

So those weapons have a pretty short shelf-life at this point.

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,859 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Ryan is what I refer to as a "fool's gold" quarterback.

He wins enough in the regular season to make people think he's better than he really is.

Come playoff time though... :unsure:

(See Also: Romo, Tony)

#56 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,575 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Guys here are getting worth vs the market confused..if we win one playoff game you better believe Cam's contract is at least equal or greater than Ryan's.

Only the guaranteed money is what is of concern.

I am confused about what Cam is worth. " he needs to win more" duh... But..

If Nakmura bats down that Ryan pass and time runs out...Cam is worth 80 million?

....In the Second TB game if Kuchley bats the pass down Cam is now worth 90 million?

I get confused how defensive lapses downgrade the value of the QB...if the towel was off his head would he inspire the defense to play harder?

If Cam connects in the Seahawk game is that another 10 million jump?

I think we all agree a 100 million contract sucks azz for the cap. It is just kinda a reality for having a top 10 QB. Thank Jerry Jones, the Ravens n Flacco and now Ryan.

There are numerous threads on the Huddle saying how Cam is better but Now the story is "lets not pay him... " uh he needs to win more" " his smile IS kida fake looking sometimes" "He does the superman too much" " my mom callz him Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire still"

100 million contract is Not your choice.

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,859 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think this coming year's performance is what sets Newton's contract value.

#58 †William Moore†

†William Moore†

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSouth Atlanta

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

get that money matt

#59 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Team W/L aside, his personal accomplishments will make him THE highest paid player ever.

I believe after the MVP caliber season that he will put up this year, he will command the biggest contract in NFL history.

Jerry Richardson will pay him whatever it takes to keep him around. 

If you look at his records below after 2 seasons, there is no doubt in my mind. 

Fantasy sports is a good barometer of an offensive player's production value. In Cam's instance, he has finished 3rd and 5th respectively in the last two seasons in total points. I find it hard to believe that a Jaw's 18th QB ranking and supposed regression in year 2 can put up those individual numbers. Find me another QB who can be considered to have a slump but finish top 3 in individual value?

As I stated, after this year's MVP Caliber season, I expect the season will transcend him to the elite of elite QB's and will dwarf Matt Ryan's salary.

I'm expecting a salary in the range of 25 million per year and the beginning of the face of the NFL.

Cam the entertainer 2014

NFL Rookie Records

·         2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a game (432), September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers (Record beat by Andrew Luck)

·         2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a season (4,051), 2011 (Record beat by Andrew Luck)

·         First rookie in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in back to back games, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers

·         First rookie in NFL history to throw for 10 touchdowns and run for 10 touchdowns in a season.

·         First rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. (Andrew Luck would also pass it in 2012)

·         Most total touchdowns by a rookie NFL player: 35 (21 pass, 14 rush).

·         2nd Most rushing yards by a rookie quarterback: 706 (Record beat by Robert Griffin III)

·         Along with Andy Dalton, the two make the first pair of rookie QB's to make the Pro Bowl. (Later passed by Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Russell Wilson)

·         Most total yards by a rookie quarterback: 4,784.

Records

·         Most passing yards by a quarterback in debut game (422), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals

·         Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs Green Bay Packers

·         First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first career start, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals

·         Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games

·         First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first two career starts, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers

·         Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards (at Arizona Cardinals, vs Green Bay Packers, and vs Jacksonville Jaguars).

·         First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games

·         Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (14), achieved on December 4, 2011 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

·         Second player in NFL history with 20+ pass TDs and 10+ rush TDs in a season, Joining Kordell Stewart ('97).

·         First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 10+ rush TDs in a season.

·         First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 500+ rush yards in a season.

·         Had a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown in the same game eight times, tying the NFL single-season record – previously. accomplished bySteve Grogan of the New England Patriots in 1976 and Daunte Culpepper of the Minnesota Vikings in 2002.

·         25th NFL player to have 20 rushing TD's in first two seasons (First QB Ever to do it)

·         1st QB in NFL history with at least 500 yards rushing in first two seasons.

·         1st player in NFL History to have over 250 passing yards and over 100 rushing yards with a passing TD and rushing TD in a game. (vs Falcons September 12, 2012, 287yards 2TD's, 116yds rushing 1TD)

·         1st player to have 30 passing TD's and 20 rushing TD's in first two seasons

·         Most passing yards in first two years (7,920)

·         Highest Average yards of total offense, career (293.7)

·         Second player in NFL history with 7,500+ pass yards and 40+ pass TDs in first two seasons, Joining Peyton Manning ('99).

Carolina Panthers franchise records

·         Rookie quarterback records: completions (310), yards (4,051), passing touchdowns (21), completion percentage (60%), passer rating (84.5).

·         Franchise rushing record with an average of 5.60 yards per carry – 2011.

·         Longest offensive scoring play (91) to Brandon LaFell, December 24, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

·         Second rookie to make Pro Bowl, Steve Smith in 2001 is the other.

·         First Panther to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year.

·         Most passing attempts without an interception (176).

NFL accomplishments

·         AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

·         Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year

·         2012 Pro Bowl

·         Sporting News Rookie of the Year

·         Offensive Rookie of the Month (1x), September, nominated (4x)

·         Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (3x), Week 4, 15, and 16, nominated (11x)

#60 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Matt Flynn got a contract from Seattle for 26 mil w/10 guaranteed, for pretty much 1 game. I really worry about cams contract if he has a Good year stat wise.Let alone a winning season w/a playoff run (which i hope both happen) Please Gettleman work that magic w/Cam! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.