Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Ryan is a $100 million man, what do you expect for Cam?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I think Cam will be more affordable than most do. He is far more marketable than Ryan and will make a fortune on that alone. Im sure we will pay him nicely but not in the $20 mil club.

#62 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

How much does Sam Bradford make again? Your out your damn mind if you think Cam isn't getting a 100mil contract. You guys talk about this team being successful and how he should be higher in this ranking and that ranking but you don't want to pay the man his damn money. fug out of here with that.

We already got Cam for cheap on his rookie deal. Don't think he and his agent don't know that. We got him cheap the first time and the next one is going to cost. You want a cheap qb we can keep Jimmy. Look at what Romo was just paid. Cam will get paid. 65 or 70 mil is laughable. We make the playoffs this year and negotiations will start at 100 mil.

#63 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ryan is what I refer to as a "fool's gold" quarterback.

He wins enough in the regular season to make people think he's better than he really is.

Come playoff time though... :unsure:

(See Also: Romo, Tony)

he wins with no defense.  at least 90% of this board acknowledges the falcons aren't a complete team because of their defense, or lack thereof.  the dude has made playoffs every year in the league except his second, can only hate on a rival so much before it becomes just a fallacy.  in the smack forum, yes we can light him up but in the football forum, eh not so much.

#64 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

he wins with no defense.  at least 90% of this board acknowledges the falcons aren't a complete team because of their defense, or lack thereof.  the dude has made playoffs every year in the league except his second, can only hate on a rival so much before it becomes just a fallacy.  in the smack forum, yes we can light him up but in the football forum, eh not so much.

I agree, but this wins with no defense is false. He threw 5 INT's in a game last year in Arizona, and the Falcons still made it out of there with a win. They have a very good coaching staff to help win those close games.

#65 GIXXER1000

GIXXER1000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

LOL, Ryan's deal reeks just as bad as Romo's. Silly Falcons... :lolu:

#66 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

I agree, but this wins with no defense is false. He threw 5 INT's in a game last year in Arizona, and the Falcons still made it out of there with a win. They have a very good coaching staff to help win those close games.

I actually think their defense is solid, but on this board you will find that is a major knock against their team, especially smack-wise.  I think he is more competent than Flacco, but like I've said before he is a second-tier QB.  Unfortunately, $100+ million is the market value for those guys nowadays.  He has proven he can get it done with a less-than-stellar run game, but he has 3 excellent guys to throw to and one of those guys, his safety net is probably in his last year.  Of course I hope they fail, suck or whatever, but we can't honestly knock what he has done in four of his five seasons.

#67 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

This argument of "Cam needs to win more before getting that kind of money" is a total crock of poo.

1.  Cam has improved this team in W column both years he's been here.

2.  QBs with exceptional talent get top dollar, GMs and coaches aren't retarded like ESPN thinking that 1 position makes or breaks a football team.  Eli Manning got the best contract in NFL history at the time before he started winning, Drew Brees got a fat deal from the Saints after having 1 good year with SD (and multiple poor showings beforehand) and even then it was a few years before he started making the playoffs with NO.

3.  100 mil is quickly becoming a standard for QBs.  All qb contracts the past 2 years have directly effected this offseason by dropping contract numbers for other positions.

4.  Cam has all the leverage.  Take Cam away from our team and we go back to being a 3-4 win team AT BEST.  Let him walk and go to a team with better coaching and a better roster, we'll be the laughing stock of the NFL for a decade.

#68 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

matt ryan is worth every penny of his new contract.

#69 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

@FauxJohnMadden: Falcons give Matt Ryan contract extension worth over $100M, or what averages out to about $100M per playoff win.

based on your reasoning cam would play for nothing, hasn't ryan been in the playoffs every year? he's a winner, at least in the regular season, and you have to win in the regular season for the chance to play on. regular season wins are hard to come by, much less playoff wins. give ryan some credit. nevermind, he doesn't need it.

#70 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

based on your reasoning cam would play for nothing, hasn't ryan been in the playoffs every year? he's a winner, at least in the regular season, and you have to win in the regular season for the chance to play on. regular season wins are hard to come by, much less playoff wins. give ryan some credit. nevermind, he doesn't need it.

maybe you should tweet this devastating rebuttal to fauxjohnmadden because that's where it originally came from

#71 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Cam already makes a load of money via endorsements. I would love to see him take a 5-7 year deal worth $12-14 mil per to allow the team much more cap space vs other teams with top QBs who all make $20-25 mil. That would show leadership and a desire to win more than anything else.

#72 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

If ee dont make playoffs this year I would say less. But if he has an awesome year and we make playoffs I would say more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#73 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

LOL, Ryan's deal reeks just as bad as Romo's. Silly Falcons... :lolu:

I know it's funny to laugh at them and because we all fuging hate them, but I mean they really had no choice. The market value of a QB is what it is because of Rodgers (who I know is more deserving), Flacco, ESPECIALLY Romo, and Stafford's new deals, and the Falcons literally had no choice.

I mean what are they gonna do, let Ryan walk? Of course someone is going to pay him it's not like he truly cares.

They had no choice unless they really wanted to start over and try and find a quarterback of equal quality to Ryan (who despite his flaws is unfortunately pretty damn good).

This is just proof of where the quarterback market is heading. Every team is going to have no choice but to pay because what are they gonna do, let their franchise guys walk and abruptly start over? Rock and a hard place.

#74 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

i think its going to be longer than 5 or 6 years.

I think cam newton will get something around 8 years, 130 million

#75 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

So much money for a QB that hasn't even gotten to a SuperBowl. 

Cam isn't worth that much. Give him 70-80 million if we have just another average season. If we somehow breakout and go 10-6 or 11-5 then he can get his $$$

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.