#151 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

explain how a white person joking about asians working in sweatshops is "self-deprecating"

It's HIS wife and he is joking about HIS kids.

#152 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

He apparently has ownership...

#153 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Just like black people can say the n-word because they are black and no one else can. He can joke about his wife and kids. "His" is a pronoun. No one was implying he has ownership of them but you. You always try to twist something into another. Do better

#154 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

It's weird how I can be friends with people without making jokes about their ethnicity or sexuality.

And even on occasion can be considered funny

I remember making a comment on a different thread where I said something to the like that white people can get along with Asians better because Asians accept a submissive role in the relationship.

Here it is, exhibit ARSEN: In a relationship with an Asian but can't seem to respect them enough and stop making them the butt of his joke. No black person will tolerate that, I know that much. That dude is a joke. 

#155 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

No HW, you are the joke. Lol

#156 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

white people can get along with Asians better because Asians accept a submissive role in the relationship.

You can make your point without using ignorant racial steretypes. Just FYI.

#157 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Helloworlds genes preclude him from being a racist. And from getting a cold and being double billed by Redbox.

#158 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

It's HIS wife and he is joking about HIS kids.

Self-deprecation is the act of belittling or undervaluing oneself. It can be used in humor and tension release.

ah, i see. by being racist, he is actually belittling himself because he actually married one of those people

#159 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

ah, i see. by being racist, he is actually belittling himself because he actually married one of those people

Arsen isn't a racist. I don't know him but I'm willing to bet he loves his wife and race wasnt a factor. To say anything else is ignorant. I'm done with this conversation though. If someone can't poke fun at their own life what can someone make fun of? Smh

#160 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

arsen proved how racist his is by marrying someone of another race. he is just using extreme reverse psychology yo.

#161 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

You can make your point without using ignorant racial steretypes. Just FYI.

I know what you mean. But many Asians that I speak with sometimes relay to me that many Asians, especially males, aren't aggressive enough when it comes to defending themselves and their women. People may not understand this but Asians do view themselves as minority even when they hang out with white people. And when they do hang out with other black people, they do express their concern. And I feel being that they're minority as well it's my duty to defend them whenever I can.

#162 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

The big bad evil whitey.

#163 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Helloworlds genes preclude him from being a racist. And from getting a cold and being double billed by Redbox.

Actually Africans are naturally racist, it's just internal. We all feel we're better than everyone else. We just don't express it violently or hatefully. Nature already created it's hierarchy. No amount of slavery or white racism can change that hierarchy. lol

#164 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

arsen proved how racist his is by marrying someone of another race. he is just using extreme reverse psychology yo.

Some people would do anything for a guaranteed doze of putang. Putang can overcome hatred. Also, one can hate a group but get along with individual from that group.

#165 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,444 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

this thread has been hilarious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com