CNN correspondent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Lemon

#198 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Uhh.  Well, him being a CNN correspondent tells me nothing on if he's dumb or not, but I suppose he probably isn't based on getting an Emmy.

I don't know why he is an authority on all of this, but I don't think that just because someone disagrees with me they are dumb.  They may be wrong, or may not be, but usually it is the argument they make that determines if they are wrong or not.

#199 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Uhh.  Well, him being a CNN correspondent tells me nothing on if he's dumb or not, but I suppose he probably isn't based on getting an Emmy.

I don't know why he is an authority on all of this, but I don't think that just because someone disagrees with me they are dumb.  They may be wrong, or may not be, but usually it is the argument they make that determines if they are wrong or not.

So after 3 posts of analyst analyzing...care to comment on what he said?

#200 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

So after 3 posts of analyst analyzing...care to comment on what he said?

I didn't analyze him at all, someone else said he was dumb and I responded that I didn't know who he was.

I think he really missed the mark on a few things and is confusing "black neighborhoods" for "poverty-stricken" neighborhoods.  Really, one of the major issues that this guy and everyone else that hasn't bothered to read the literature must deal with is why, even in upper income brackets, family formation behaviors among black people seem to be less consistent than other groups.  This is addressed in the literature with the idea of economic uncertainty.  An alternative I disregard, but which seems parroted around here, is that black people don't value family or something.  I disagree with this.

I also want to address something.  I'm not talking for GS or anyone else here, but I'm kinda getting the sense that people aren't really understanding where I stand on this.

So, let me put it this way.

I think that the only person you can count on to improve your life is yourself.

At the same time, I feel that there are conditions in this country that very heavily favor some groups over others, and that we should be aware of those conditions and work to limit them and find ways to provide an equal chance of success for EVERYONE.

I am not saying there is no way anyone can ever escape poverty in the US.  Not at all.  But what I am saying is that right now, there is a disparity in the amount of effort needed for different income levels and different groups within those income levels to improve their lot in life.  I think this is wrong.  I realize that's how it is, I realize "life is unfair" in some respects but I reject that it can not get better.

#201 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have no clue who Don Lemon is.

he's a black person willing to parrot the talking points of conservatives without ever actually putting forth real analysis, making him one of the few respectable authorities on the subject and officially one of the republican party's black friends

#202 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

GS right on cue with predictable results. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.