Photo
- - - - -

Bank Forecloses Wrong House, Gives Owner Attitude.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

http://gawker.com/ba...s-stu-893629920

So the skinny is that this woman went on vacation for a couple of weeks, came back to find her key didn't work, crawled through a window, found her stuff gone, called the cops. They find that the bank had forclosed the wrong house, (the right one was across the street) changed her locks, sold or trashed all of her stuff.

She hands the bank a bill for $18K to replace her stuff & the bank rejects it because they feel they shouldn't have to "pay retail".

Smh...

#2 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm not one for the litigation route, but a class action lawsuit may be exactly what the doctor ordered here

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

The bank should rush out, buy her a ton of stuff, take her to dinner and then send her on another vacation. The public relations on this one will cost the bank much more than 18k. Least the bank didn't have Trust in its name

#4 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

The bank should rush out, buy her a ton of stuff, take her to dinner and then send her on another vacation. The public relations on this one will cost the bank much more than 18k. Least the bank didn't have Trust in its name

Exactly. "We don't bother checking addresses before we break into houses & sell off someone's belongings... Trust us with your money!"

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

If I was her I wouldn't settle for the $18K.  I'd sue for the contents value, her time and effort and pretty much anything else I could get out of them.

#6 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

Definitely. Just because it is a bank and banks are evil, I would be thinking six figures plus.

#7 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Not to mention that it's Breaking and Entering, Larceny, and destruction of property. The bank has to replace everything, period. Including that $500,000 worth of diamonds I had in there.

#8 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I'm not one for the litigation route, but a class action lawsuit may be exactly what the doctor ordered here

I'm not one to nit pick but a class action lawsuit is with multiple parties suing for the same thing in one trial. This would just be a regular lawsuit.

#9 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'm not one to nit pick but a class action lawsuit is with multiple parties suing for the same thing in one trial. This would just be a regular lawsuit.

Lawyers go fishing for it all the time. If this kind of fraud happened once, it likely happened elsewhere in some other form.

#10 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Lawyers go fishing for it all the time. If this kind of fraud happened once, it likely happened elsewhere in some other form.

True but you don't hear about this kind of thing that often so I doubt it

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

This is why we need tort reform. Limit what she can sue for and stop trying to hurt business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com