• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

About to pull the trigger on going to see the game in Buffalo.  Before I do I wanted to know if anybody has been to a game in Buffalo and see how the experience was. It is the closest game for me to make although I plan on making it to Charlotte for the Jets game as well. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Bills fans are actually pretty classy. Unless its the Patriots that come into town. 

#3 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

I use to be a Bills fan.  I burned everything I owned that said bills on it after they lost their last superbowl.

#4 dkmilitary

dkmilitary

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSandhills

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Patriots and Raiders are the rowdy games there. I have not been in years but parents still have season tickets. Despite how lousy the Bills are they have a good time. It's a early season game so you won't be freezing to death.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,786 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

who was that bills fan that showed up here a couple years ago shitting up the smack forum

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm gonna be going to that game too, closest they're ever gonna be to me. But I've seen a game there before and I enjoyed it, fans are a lot of fun

#7 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

The fact that it's early is definitely a lot better. Was looking at tickets on stub hub and several good prices for tickets.  They had quite a few lower level under $100 so I think I'm gonna order them.  Just didn't want to go in blindly to find out it's not worth it.

#8 NYPantherFan

NYPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I will be there. I live about an hour and 25 minutes from the stadium.

Best seats are usually second level. I will be in what they call the "Rock Pile"

Bills fans are not too bad...just can be obnoxious. The stadium is dated, not really much to see or do there other than the field house if your not tailgating.

#9 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I hear Bills fans are pretty assholeish tbh.

#10 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

They can't be worse than any of the teams with more fair weather fans than real fans. I imagine the bills fans will actually not be obnoxious band wagoners.

#11 Ribs

Ribs

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

8 of us will be making the trip up as well

Any suggestions on good places to watch Bama/A&M that Saturday or things to do while we are there?

#12 NYPantherFan

NYPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

They can't be worse than any of the teams with more fair weather fans than real fans. I imagine the bills fans will actually not be obnoxious band wagoners.

You're right, no band wagoners at all. Diehard fans who live and die with their team.

They can be obnoxious like I've said, but I'm sure all home team fans are that way when your visiting their stadium. 

The lower levels seem to be more calm. It's the second and third levels that get rowdy with drunks and fist fights.

#13 NYPantherFan

NYPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

8 of us will be making the trip up as well

Any suggestions on good places to watch Bama/A&M that Saturday or things to do while we are there?

They have the original Anchor bar in Buffalo, it's worth it for the experience. Duffs may be the best place with good wings.

Niagara Falls is just a drive away if you are staying in Buffalo and not Orchard Park area.

#14 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

They have the original Anchor bar in Buffalo, it's worth it for the experience. Duffs may be the best place with good wings.

Niagara Falls is just a drive away if you are staying in Buffalo and not Orchard Park area.

Was about to ask what the best place for wings is. I'm tempted to stay around Niagara Falls to take it in before going to the game

#15 Ribs

Ribs

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I've just read that the Anchor Bar is where the chicken wing originated, and I'm partial to a wing so this will definitely be on my list. Is it a good TV setup for game watching as well?

Niagara Falls is also intriguing. Depending on how drunk we get Friday night, a trip there Saturday morning could be in the works.

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.