Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12', 500lb Gator Killed in Jacksonville, NC

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If any of you soft hearts really gave a fug about animals you would stop eating meat.  Those animals have no choice in the torture their lives are made of and in how they die.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Meh, there are plenty of alligators now, no sense in wasting the money to relocate it. It had become a nuisance animal. If it was bold enough to ****** an 80 lb. dog, then it could just as easily have snatched a 50 lb. child.

Best part of the video is in the last seconds you can hear one of the rednecks hauling it off saying, "That's dinner right thar!"

Difference being, a 50 lb. child wouldn't run right at the Gator wanting to play.  Dogs are st00pid.

Posted · Report post

If any of you soft hearts really gave a fug about animals you would stop eating meat. Those animals have no choice in the torture their lives are made of and in how they die.

When did you stop being a troll and join PETA?

Posted · Report post

"I'm an animal lover, but I'll shoot one I don't like on site simply for existing."

I thought the same thing myself..  although I would have to agree on the coyote thing, depending on how much they are ruining a particular county...  They can erode an ecosystem when they get over-populated.

Posted · Report post

I thought the same thing myself.. although I would have to agree on the coyote thing, depending on how much they are ruining a particular county... They can erode an ecosystem when they get over-populated.

This discussion reminds me of something I read the other day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/government-plans-to-kill-thousands-of-owls-to-save-another-type-of-owl/2013/07/24/3aa202a0-f312-11e2-bdae-0d1f78989e8a_story.html

Posted · Report post

Hate they killed it.

Shame.

Posted · Report post

They should have just let it live and maybe kill a few people before they finally put it down. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are plenty of gator farm tourist attractions that would have loved to have had him. They didn't need to kill it. So he ate a dog, thats what gators do.

if it ate your dog what would have been your response?

Posted · Report post

if it ate your dog what would have been your response?

Shame on me for walking my dog near a pond that is clearly marked as having gators. I'd be the dumbass that could have prevented it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Emotionally, yes I'd be pissed off if it ate my dog.

Rationally I know that the gator is just doing what gators do.

Posted · Report post

Plus the owner let his dog off the leash, clearly breaking the law.

Should have let the Gator live. Steve Irwin is doing the deathroll in his grave.

2os7h.jpg

sorry

2 people like this