Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7-26-13 Camp Thread

227 posts in this topic

Posted

who?

7B8AD0AF-AF7D-4102-8A0A-37DA6E4F2596-824

1 person likes this

Posted

Which - by the criteria you've set - equals you setting yourself up as the arbiter of who should or shouldn't express an opinion.  See the contradiction?

People come on here and give opinions.  Other people give opinions about those opinions.  That's just the nature of message boarding.

And if you look back at the original post () you'll see that's all I presented it as, my opinion.  Others chimed in agreement.

Like I said, it's just that simple.

You guys are fighting over that???? LMFAO

Should I just help you guys end this by creating a "Funny Fake Person Tweets" thread??? lol

Posted

Fug it I am going to chime in on the great controversy of the day!

Here is the thing, that is the nature of comedy in general.  There is no universal taste.  What is annoying to some people is still funny to others.

Some people think Jim Carrey is annoying others think he is hilarious.  Some think Adam Sandler is annoying other think he is brilliant.  Some people thought George Carlin was the smartest comedian in history other thought he was a jerk.  Some people even thought Richard Pryor was annoying (uptight white people).

Point being becoming the arbiter of what is funny or annoying is annoying in itself.  To me if you think it is funny you read the post and chuckle, if you think it is annoying you just move on to the next post.

I guess you can also say that goes for other types of media such as music as well. Many people understand that these are subjective tastes and there is no "right and wrong" palette. The only people who seem to struggle with the urge to dictate to other people what's good taste and what's bad taste though are the white, middle-aged types.

2 people like this

Posted

The Huddle: where training camp tweet threads turn into philosophical bitchfests about the nature of humor.

Let it go, people.

2 people like this

Posted

The Huddle: where training camp tweet threads turn into philosophical bitchfests about the nature of humor.

Let it go, people.

Pretty much.

There's actual football stuff to be discussed now.  Even if it's just training camp, at least it's no longer the offseason.

Posted

The only people who seem to struggle with the urge to dictate to other people what's good taste and what's bad taste though are the white, middle-aged types.

tumblr_m2lcbtB88Y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Posted

i like it when people complain about threads being derailed by three posts and then spend seventy posts explaining how annoying it is

anyway thanks to everyone who updated this thread

Here's a quick test...

Go through the thread and find any posts where Frash actually talked about football (as opposed to the number made saying something pissy because I said the joke was old).

While you're at it, take a moment to count the number of actual football discussion posts I wrote.

Come back after that and tell me who's derailing.

tumblr_m2lcbtB88Y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Are we actually throwing race into the discussion now?

Seriously?  (sheesh) :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

Posted

Let it go, people.

huddlecrap_zpsb06185e0.png

Posted

Panthers.com put up a video with some footage, quick note was that I'm pretty sure silatolu changed to #66 and he pancaked star pretty bad in pass pro. Deangelo was running well too

1 person likes this

Posted

Panthers.com put up a video with some footage, quick note was that I'm pretty sure silatolu changed to #66 and he pancaked star pretty bad in pass pro. Deangelo was running well too

Checked the roster.  You're right.  61 now belongs to an undrafted guy (Wes Horton).

Gonna go check out the vid :)

Posted

Good to see Jim Skipper coaching Williams and Stewart in that clip.

Star got himself a little off balance and Silatolu got good leverage on him in that drill.  One of those things they'll coach him up on.  Good for Amini though.

Luke stepped in front of Greg Olsen on that pick.  The ball was just a tad underthrown (another sign that it's early in the process).

Liked Rivera urging the young guys to go talk to the fans.

Got a chuckle from the guy saying "don't edit me out" :lol:

Pretty cool video overall :)

Posted

Damn, Amini should've just  kept #61.