Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guard depth (sweet mother of Moses)

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Id have a tough time being convinced they drafted a d2 guy to start anytime this year, especially at one of the harder positions for younger guys to play.

Posted · Report post

I may be exaggerating a tad, but I think they saw him as a developmental project with huge upside.

Must have been a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE upside. But hey, Hurney magic.

Posted · Report post

I'm watching a replay of the DII title game on ESPNU right now. Kugbila is not that impressive. Was he just a workout warrior or what? I'm confused.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To all those guys that were screaming pre-draft about RG being a dime-a-dozen position, we's abouts to find out.

Posted · Report post

Did I miss a statement where they said they wouldn't be bringing in someone? Because, they damn sure better :(

Posted · Report post

Its a bigger issue than CB and RT IMO. 

I really worried about RG

No offense here but wasn't Kurb one of the guys today saying how ridiculous we were being about Hangartner being cut today?

And yet he was worried about RG when Hangartner was still a Panther...not sure this is adding up.

People keep saying "gettlemen is laying down the law" and "we saved big money for a guy who isn't good enough to start" and "williams is an upgrade/just as good as hangartner"

Well, gettlemen has certainly laid down the law, but that money isn't going to upgrades for the offensive line, and if people were concerned about the guard depth BEFORE hangartner was cut how is everyone supposed to feel now???

I'm sure he has a plan but as I said earlier today, it may not be the plan everyone is hoping for.

Posted · Report post

No offense here but wasn't Kurb, The Great One one of the guys today saying how ridiculous we were being about Hangartner being cut today?

And yet he was worried about RG when Hangartner was still a Panther...not sure this is adding up.

People keep saying "gettlemen is laying down the law" and "we saved big money for a guy who isn't good enough to start" and "williams is an upgrade/just as good as hangartner"

Well, gettlemen has certainly laid down the law, but that money isn't going to upgrades for the offensive line, and if people were concerned about the guard depth BEFORE hangartner was cut how is everyone supposed to feel now???

I'm sure he has a plan but as I said earlier today, it may not be the plan everyone is hoping for.

Average is average.
I'm not so sure we are done adjusting the RG spot

Posted · Report post

Average is average.
I'm not so sure we are done adjusting the RG spot

So you are still as worried about the RG spot as you were a few days ago?  Or more so?

Posted · Report post

Yes :)

Posted · Report post

So you are still as worried about the RG spot as you were a few days ago?  Or more so?

Put me in the "more so" column....

Posted · Report post

*bump*
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If we stay pat at RG and address no depth on the oline its going to be 3 years ago all over again.

• Recent Comments