#31 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think that was his point, that even sucking as bad as he did, was a phenomenal achievement for a d2 guard.

me taking a dump is a phenomenal achievement too, but doesn't mean i'm good in the NFL.

#32 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

I have been out--does this factor in Beason's new deal?

Yes.

#33 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

me taking a dump is a phenomenal achievement too, but doesn't mean i'm good in the NFL.

I don't think you're understanding. He did play poorly, but the fact that he wasn't an absolute all out train wreck last year comin from a d2 school an going straight to starter is a miracle.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,680 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Those dumps you take have more substance than the posts you make on these boards.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

There is no reason he couldn't play to Amini's level. I certainly don't want to rely on both of those young guys at the same time though.

agreed. and remember kugbila actually has experience playing gaurd. silatolu didn't.

#36 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

It seems like most people put down Kugbila automatically because he came from D-II school.  

Unlike Silatolu he is not changing position,  he is playing in a offensive  scheme that plays to his strength, he has the athleticism & body build to play his position, and last he was taken in a earlier round than he was projected by a team that desperately needed a RG . I'm going to keep my faith in the coaches and the front office about what they see in Kugbila.

#37 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

This isnt worth much thought but consider this. Take the body of type of a typical tackle and the body type of a typical guard. Got that mental picture? Now tell me which one is more likely to flourish quickly in the NFL in their first two years athletically? Tackles have to be so much more athletic that moving to guard is like downgrading half their responsibilities. You NEVER hear of moving a guard to T, but the vice versa? Sure.

Amini is a straight up animal, look at his build. Now look at Kugbilla. Tongans are straight up men by the time their 20, its very unusual compared to most other races.

edit: did you see that video of Gross singing? Even the pianist looked like he could start at RG for us.

#38 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Kugbila hurt again today. So he has missed OTAs and now is hurt for TC. fuging Otah Jr.

#39 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Silatolu is #66 now BTW. He looks like he has added some muscle in the offseason.

#40 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Kugbila hurt again today. So he has missed OTAs and now is hurt for TC. fuging Otah Jr.

Hope you're joking.

Dude is out shape. This is like nothing he's ever done or been asked to do before. Give the fatty some time. It's a bit soon to equate it to a never ending knee injury.

#41 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Kugbila injured his hamstring. I can almost guarantee you he is going sraight to PUP. Gettleman needs to pull the trigger and sign someone soon.

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

i'd be shocked if we didn't see someone brought in within a couple of days now that kug is out

#43 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm not as bullish on Kugbila starting this year. But then again I'm just a sales guy with bad knees that enjoys pooping 4-5 times a day.

You might want to see a doctor about that. Or lay off the fiber 1 bars.

#44 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

First thing I thought when I heard.

#45 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

LG > RG ... thats just how it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users