Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte And Henderson Agree To Contract

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm happy with the signing because we clearly didn't overpay after hearing all that 8 million per year talk. He plays hard, has developed a decent offensive game, and could be a better player with bigs on the court who can actually score the basketball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Good... now hopefully we can add some more depth, on top of what has already been our best offseason in franchise history.

Posted

You guys really think Hendo or in general the "SG" position wont be the position to address next off season?

Nope, I don't.  If Hendo stays healthy this is.  Second half on a terrible team last year, when he was healthy, averaged almost 19 points a game and then of course his defense.  Very few people were better down the stretch.  Henderson continues to be totally undervalued by some of our fans.

Posted

Nope, I don't.  If Hendo stays healthy this is.  Second half on a terrible team last year, when he was healthy, averaged almost 19 points a game and then of course his defense.  Very few people were better down the stretch.  Henderson continues to be totally undervalued by some of our fans.

I like Hendo very much, but I dont think he's the answer at SG on this team. And of course he should be putting up good numbers or should have put up "better" numbers especially being on a bad team: Charlotte. Hendo fits the mold of a 6th man of the bench or a player like a Thabo/Shumpert on a very, very good team; OKC/NYK. And I have to give the edge to Shumpert over Hendo no matter what the stats says.

Hendo has to show me more that he's worth being the no.12 overall pick and the starting SG for this team in the future. Not just by playing well toward the end of the season.

Shooting Guard is easily the position to address next off season for this team unless Cho/MJ decides to part way with a Kemba or MKG. If we land a top5 pick next year, a Wiggins/Parker/Smart/Harrison is going to be drafted to replace Hendo for the future.

Posted

I thought I would leave this here because we have some idiots in this fan base.

A restricted free agent, Henderson was second on the Bobcats in scoring last season at 15.5 points per game. He finished strong, averaging 23.9 points over the last 23 games, on 48 percent shooting from the field and 86 percent from the foul line.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/26/4193558/source-charlotte-bobcats-gerald.html

2 people like this

Posted

I thought I would leave this here because we have some idiots in this fan base.

A restricted free agent, Henderson was second on the Bobcats in scoring last season at 15.5 points per game. He finished strong, averaging 23.9 points over the last 23 games, on 48 percent shooting from the field and 86 percent from the foul line.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/26/4193558/source-charlotte-bobcats-gerald.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/26/4193558/source-charlotte-bobcats-gerald.html

But he played for Duke...

Posted

With this I really hope we can trade Ben Gordon's contract for either a pick or a backup PF or combination of players that include a 3rd string PG, C, SF.

Posted

With this I really hope we can trade Ben Gordon's contract for either a pick or a backup PF or combination of players that include a 3rd string PG, C, SF.

U can almost bank on it that cho will dump Gordon for a draft pick. 13 mil expiring is very valuable to a team in salary hell

Posted

U can almost bank on it that cho will dump Gordon for a draft pick. 13 mil expiring is very valuable to a team in salary hell

We would have to assume a similar salary number back in a trade for Gordon.

Unless it is a deal that we can't refuse I am not sure we would want to trade him because of that contract.

Posted

I like this deal.  It gives us 2 years to see if he really is as good as he played the last 23 games.  If he is, we will pay him.

If not, it's a fair amount for us to spend on our starting shooting guard.  We know at least he's a decent starter.

Let's just hope he puts it all together.  If he comes close to those numbers over the next 2 years, we got a bargain.

1 person likes this

Posted

He averaged just shy of 24 pts a game the last quarter of the season, he's gotten better every year.  6 mil is either perfect compensation, or he's underpaid, you don't have many 2 guards with a money mid-range game, can play in the post, is getting better at attacking and getting to the FT line, and can lock you down on defense.

Posted

Potential doesn't always pan out, Hendo has gotten better every year.