Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The mistake that will come back to haunt us MKG over Barnes?

224 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll have some vids up for y'all later.  Give yall a backdrop, haven't played ball, really at all, since 07 when I broke my back in combat.  Been rehabbing, and getting stronger.  Im still not back to the size I was before, i'm 5'11' barefoot, went today and actually got some run in, I feel like i've gotten it all back, man.  Proud of myself.  Actually dunked today, I found that 39' inch vertical again.  

No more please, on the debate about Barnes and 

Posted

I'll have some vids up for y'all later.  Give yall a backdrop, haven't played ball, really at all, since 07 when I broke my back in combat.  Been rehabbing, and getting stronger.  Im still not back to the size I was before, i'm 5'11' barefoot, went today and actually got some run in, I feel like i've gotten it all back, man.  Proud of myself.  Actually dunked today, I found that 39' inch vertical again.  

No more please, on the debate about Barnes and 

What school did you play ball at?

pg or sg?

Posted

What school did you play ball at?

pg or sg?

Garinger and Providence, taken out of HS though after my brother was murdered.

Believe it or not, I was a PG by size, but my coaches moved me around a lot, I could play 1-4.

My help side defense was legendary.  It was the hop's.

Posted

I played soccer from 03' - 08'. I was 2x All American and 1x Player of the Year. Also, was MVP in my State Championship game. A Senior this fall.

My bad not basketball

Posted

Barnes had 18pts in the US scrimmage, just sayin. He was the 2nd best player in that game behind Kyrie Irving.

Flame on...

And MKG had 6 double double games compared to Barnes 4.

And the 2nd best player in that Scrimmage was Davis not Barnes.

Posted

I played soccer from 03' - 08'. I was 2x All American and 1x Player of the Year. Also, was MVP in my State Championship game. A Senior this fall.

My bad not basketball

I tried soccer in middle school, i was horrible.

Football, Basketball.

Posted

Before the draft, I wanted Barnes.  That hasnt changed.  Sure Im a UNC fan but Barnes oozes with potential and he showed some signs of it last year.  Its jsut a matter of time before he becomes a legit scorer in this league.

I love MKG, but his offense scares me.  I think if we surround him with scorers and let him become what he is, a defensive stopper, then I will be thrilled we got him.  Right now though, that jumper...eek.  Hope we arent dependng on it, but there is no denying that he put up better #s than Barnes and MKG himself has sky potential.

Posted

Yes, it's very easy to look at it that way in hopes of having something to believe in. But, in reality Barnes is the better player at this point and MKG has shown very little to be on the same level with Barnes. "Long term"? How long will it be? It doesnt look like it's going to be this upcoming season. I really think MKG is still a project who needs developing the next 2-3 years. Though, no one really knows if he is even going to reach that "potential" we all Bobcats fans think he will; i.e. Bismack Biyombo.

You trolling or wha

Posted

Posted

In hindsight, of course I regret passing up on Barnes/Drummond for MKG.

The Mistakes:

2012: MKG over Barnes/Drummond

2011: Biyombo over Kawhi/Thompson

2009: Hendo over Jrue Holiday

2008: DJ over Lopez/Hibbert

2007: Brandan Wright over Noah

2006: Morrison over Roy/Gay

I feel confident that we have actually got it right with Cody Zeller this year.

Oh man, that is a mighty ugly list to look at... Zero stars and a bunch of busts taken over All Stars / future All Stars.

Posted

Oh man, that is a mighty ugly list to look at... Zero stars and a bunch of busts taken over All Stars / future All Stars.

Imagine if this was us:

PG: Jrue Holiday

SG: Brandon Roy (assuming healthy)

SF: Kawhi Leonard

PF: Joakim Noah

C : Roy Hibbert

But we can only imagine.

Posted

Brandon Roy's knees would not be a medical concern as it was before the draft bc he plays in Charlotte?

Team looks like an 8th seed in the east.