Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

The mistake that will come back to haunt us MKG over Barnes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
223 replies to this topic

#145 YOLO!

YOLO!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

#146 Jai

Jai

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

You just read my mind, as well, about Iggy, do we know why they brought him in?  If Barnes was the next messiah, I highly doubt they throw all that money at Iggy.  Nobody was on Barnes bandwagon until the playoffs, and for good reason, but don't get to excited about Barnes, defenses weren't focused on him, at all.

He benefits from all the attention that Curry gets, and rightfully so.  

As does Green, with Duncan, Parker, Ginobilli.............

#147 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Your correct in your analysis, but, what your not taking into consideration, Barnes won't be able to showcase his entire skill set with THAT team, at best, he's a third option right now, he'll have the poster every once in a while, but his job is to hit open shots, that are assisted by Steph and Klay, Steph and Klay are the clear future of that team.  I think Barnes will end up leaving and going to a team where he can be "The Guy".

Truth is, right now, as of today, Green and Barnes have similar roles.  No contest that Barnes is the better overall player, but that's not his role on THAT team.

You follow me?

If you're talking about the situation they both are in, then yes I agree with you. But thats basically you saying that Barnes is the better player but playing in GS where he's surrounded by guys like Curry, Klay and Iggy, the best he can be is having similar performances like Green. Still, in the end and it's not too early to say it but Barnes is imo the better player.

It would be a wash between Green and MKG too, you agree? Take away Green's 3 point ability and MKG is the overall better player. Barnes and MKG brings more to the table than just Green demanding two defenders with his 3 point range.

#148 Jai

Jai

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

His dunks are spectacular, but without that dribble drive penetration from Curry, and the defenes having to respect those shooters, those lane's aren't available.

If he was a number one option, your opinion would be much different, that's what im saying.

Go back to his Carolina days, and look at the games.  He flashed brilliance from time to time, but overall, very inconsistent.

The trials and tribulations of being the focus of an offense.

#149 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Now Barnes is on the bench and guys who contributed in that playoff run like Draymond Green..will compete for touches.

Barnes is not a Power Forward btw...only in small ball situation which you can not stay in too long.

#150 Jai

Jai

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

If you're talking about the situation they both are in, then yes I agree with you. But thats basically you saying that Barnes is the better player but playing in GS where he's surrounded by guys like Curry, Klay and Iggy, the best he can be is having similar performances like Green. Still, in the end and it's not too early to say it but Barnes is imo the better player.

It would be a wash between Green and MKG too, you agree? Take away Green's 3 point ability and MKG is the overall better player. Barnes and MKG brings more to the table than just Green demanding two defenders with his 3 point range.

Exactly, that's exactly what I was saying, he's clearly a better players, nobody here denies that, he just has a similar role to Danny Green.

#151 YOLO!

YOLO!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

You just read my mind, as well, about Iggy, do we know why they brought him in?  If Barnes was the next messiah, I highly doubt they throw all that money at Iggy.  Nobody was on Barnes bandwagon until the playoffs, and for good reason, but don't get to excited about Barnes, defenses weren't focused on him, at all.

Ughh GS had FA money to spend. They knew they weren't going to get Dwight so they threw the money at the next available FA which was Iggy. Why not try to improve your team regardless of position?

#152 Jai

Jai

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Now Barnes is on the bench and guys who contributed in that playoff run like Draymond Green..will compete for touches.

Barnes is not a Power Forward btw...only in small ball situation which you can not stay in too long.

Ding, ding, ding!

He can play PF in spots, but he would get abused if played there regularly.

#153 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

No one knows, but we cant assume that the addition of Iggy is due to Barnes. GSW could've use some better defense down the stretch vs. SA in the Playoffs and Iggy brings that. And one thing for sure is Iggy brings veteran leadership. Especially for a team that looked depleted at the end of the SA series. GSW relied on Curry and Thompson shooting behind the 3s to put them that far in the playoffs and all came down to and end once it wasnt working anymore. Maybe he was brought in to take minutes away from Klay? Who knows.

#154 Jai

Jai

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ughh GS had FA money to spend. They knew they weren't going to get Dwight so they threw the money at the next available FA which was Iggy. Why not try to improve your team regardless of position?

I agree, but I don't think I would've brought in Iggy though.  However, that perimeter D is going to be tough, with Iggy and Klay.

#155 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ding, ding, ding!

He can play PF in spots, but he would get abused if played there regularly.

Cant assume until proven. Carmelo and Lebron are now making a living playing at the 4. Not saying Barnes is there yet, but he has shown that he can play there. I wouldnt use the word "abused".

#156 YOLO!

YOLO!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

I agree, but I don't think I would've brought in Iggy though.  However, that perimeter D is going to be tough, with Iggy and Klay.

I assume you made a mistake but did you just say Klay and perimeter D in the same sentence? Thompson is not a defender at all lol.