Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brief conversation w/ Luke Kuechly after practice

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Great stuff man, wish I was there.

The future is bright for Carolina with Luke leading the defense and Cam leading the offense, and they both get along pretty good. They know they are the 2 most popular players on the team, and have accepted the roles as leaders.

1 person likes this

Posted

That would have been quite an achievement with him in the stands.

(granted, someone could dangle him over the edge)

Or, if a player's wife and kids are in the stands sitting next to you the whole practice and you don't know who she is, Armond Smith climbs up into the stands with your help.  He too was awsome.

IMG_04421_zps4da217f4.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Omg! He has on UA shoes! Cam must of hooked him the fug up!

So did Smitty.  Was he a UA guy last year?

Posted

Or, if a player's wife and kids are in the stands sitting next to you the whole practice and you don't know who she is, Armond Smith climbs up into the stands with your help.  He too was awsome.

IMG_04421_zps4da217f4.jpg

Smith is a kid I like a lot.

Don't know that he has a realistic shot at making the full roster (odds went down a lot when Barner was drafted) but I'd love to see him hang around on PS.

Posted

You should have been different and asked him to sign your forehead instead of that little card.

I know.  That part is so lame but that is ALL I had.  I had no idea I was going to be able to get those seats of have Keek come over to where I was going to sit.  I just wanted to watch practice.  It is the back of my my Sweet Frog card.

Those 2 punches will never be turned in.

Posted

I know. That part is so lame but that is ALL I had. I had no idea I was going to be able to get those seats of have Keek come over to where I was going to sit. I just wanted to watch practice. It is the back of my my Sweet Frog card.

Those 2 punches will never be turned in.

It's okay, just giving you some light hearted grief lol.

At least you aren't one of those douche bags who only get autographs to sell them on ebay.

Posted

Most of the autographs I've ever gotten have been on the paper in the notebooks I've used to take practice notes :lol:

One or two exceptions have been the times I've taken a birthday card for a friend's son, or a get well note for the kid I coached in flag who was having a kidney transplant.  That was the only time I ever got an autograph from Smitty.

Got John Kasay's on a big canvas pic of Panthers stadium, but that was at a ministry function, not training camp (I lent them the poster as a decoration for the event; along with a lot of my other Panthers gear).

Posted

It's okay, just giving you some light hearted grief lol.

At least you aren't one of those douche bags who only get autographs to sell them on ebay.

No, no, Red.  I know that.  I was just being honest.  When I looked over the edge and Kuechly is coming my way, signing everything in sight in rapid succession and I got jack-squat to sign I started rummaging thru the wallet.

It was Sweet Frog or my recent VD test results. 

I chose Sweet Frog.

Posted

He kept on making eye contact with those of us actually talking to him while he was just blindly signing stuff.

40083423.jpg

I know you may think I am being facetious but I swear to God, he would sign and not even look up but kept on looking me and whoever was actually trying to talk to him right in the eye everytime he answered questions.  When I told him, "I'm sorry, this is all I have for you to sign, do you mind?"  He said, "No, that's not a problem"  smiled, shook his head, signed it and looked me dead in the eye and I said "Good luck this year" and he said, "Thanks a lot". 

Say what you want, but most NFL defensive ROTYs would not give a corn-filled shitte what some heyseed thinks.  Guy is at least genuine, I can tell you that.

He had to have gained weight in the off season.  Television puts on 15 pounds my ass.  Guy looks like Secretariat. 

2 people like this

Posted

It was Sweet Frog or my recent VD test results. 

Yep.  Time to back slowly out of this thread too :unsure:

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep.  Time to back slowly out of this thread too :unsure:

I meant vet records.  What did I say?

In all seriousness, I had no business cards, I was wearing a black Panthers shirt.  Had no hat on in this particular instance.

If Sweet Frog had not been there in my wallet, he would have signed either my SS card or my insurance card.  And that, is no lie.

Posted

Luke looks like a character in the Friday night lights show.