Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7-27-13 Camp Thread

220 posts in this topic

Posted

If practice is moved to the gym it will not be open.

Posted

Down here at wild wings with my nephew.stopped raining.

Posted

Down here at wild wings with my nephew.stopped raining.

Decisions are made also based on field conditions.

Posted

I hope I can go to Spartanburg someday. I used to live in Flagstaff so I saw the Cardinals camp sometimes but was obviously never a fan of them so...   :/

Posted

Were they even hitting yesterday? I though you couldnt have full pads until day 3. It seems like it would be hard to evaluate the interior at this point if they weren't in pads hitting.

Can someone who was there clarify for me?

No hitting.

1 person likes this

Posted

I live a mile from camp. The sun is starting to pop out. Still cloudy, but looking better.

I plan on going tomorrow. So the weather today isn't a big deal to me. lol

Posted

Were they even hitting yesterday? I though you couldnt have full pads until day 3. It seems like it would be hard to evaluate the interior at this point if they weren't in pads hitting.

Can someone who was there clarify for me?

NO pads, but Amini pancaked Star yesterday without pads in one one drill. I wasn't there but video on panthers.com shows it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm rolling out at about 9am from Wilmington so I can get there and get settled in, ready to go on MOnday. If anyone else from Wilmington is going to be around, hit me up.

Posted

Joe Person @josephperson 2m

#Panthers practicing at Gibbs Stadium again today. Should be starting in next 10-20 minutes.

Posted

There are two possible positives that fans can take away from training camp.  They are as follows:

zero or limited injuries

players completing all sessions are conditioned for season

one on one's, catches, drops, matchups, high throws, low throws, etc. are all relative, speculative and prove zilch.

If you ever played sports and practiced against your own teammates you already know this.  Not saying they lay off per se, but there just isn't the same fire you hope all your players have when hey line up across from the enemy.  This feeling either enables or debilitates each one according to his own constitutions.  Just trying to say that I hope the live accounts from pros and amateurs alike are news-related and not media-condemnations/crownings.  

EX: Sometimes the one the coaches yell at the most is the one they see is closest to grasping the concepts, not the farthest away.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Star cant even use his bullrush/ sledghammer arms yet. No worries.

Perfect combo with Star and KK

Posted

Panthers notebook: @ryankalil returns from injury; more on @jonbeason contract; 3 questions w/ FB Mike Tolbert.

charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/26/419…