28 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

http://www.yourblack...-why-hes-wrong/

“I’m offended by that because first of all, this is going to sound arrogant, but my presence is charity. Just who I am, just like Obama is. Obama provides hope. Whether he does anything, that hope that he provides for a nation and outside of America is enough. Just being who he is. You’re the first black president. If he speaks on any issue or anything, he should be left alone. Of course we want to challenge [Obama] to do better, but I felt like Belafonte just went about it wrong. The way he did it, within the media, and then he bigged up Bruce Springsteen. It was like, ‘Whoa, you just sent the wrong message all around. You just bigged up the white guy against me in the white media.’ I’m not saying that in a racial way. I’m saying what it was just the wrong way to go about it.  My presence is charity! Just this guy who came from Marcy projects apartment 530C, to these places of me playing in Yankee stadium tonight.” –

lol, what a racist piece of crap. Here is a clue, if you have to say "I'm not saying that in a racial way" well, you are saying it in a racial way.

This was in response to what Belafonte said...

"They have not told the history of our people, nothing of who we are. We are still looking. We are not determinated. We are not driven by some technology that says you can kill Afghans, the Iraqis or the Spanish. It is all — excuse my French — shit. It is sad. And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility. That goes for Jay-Z and Beyonce, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black."

PS... Harry is absolutely correct. Springsteen has preached social responsibility his entire life.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,468 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Please explain to me how that statement makes him a "racist piece of crap".

#3 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Once again....fug Jay Z and Kanye. Throw Lil Wayne in there too.

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Lol at Jayz being racist. Okay, dude.

We all know you hate rap and rappers.

#5 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

"You’re the first black president. If he speaks on any issue or anything, he should be left alone"

LOL what?   President should get a free pass because he's the first non white?   Dude is trusted to lead this country.  He is who should be held more accountable than all else cannot get a free pass.  Thats just redic 

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,523 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

^ that is not what he meant by that. It was meant at the most basic level

And i'm sure Clarence (rip) and the Boss would agree with Jay-z.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,754 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

can we be done with these threads

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sometimes I wish that celebrity death match show was still on.  Harry vs Jayz. 

#9 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

wait so belafonte heavily implied that jay z isn't black and now we're mad that jay z is mad?

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

When a white entertainer says something political or controversial: "________ needs to stick to playing guitar/making TV shows/catching fly balls!"

When a black entertainer says something political or controversial: "Hark! Take heed for he speaks for all blackendom!"

Hell, would it kill people to quote some Neil Degrasse Tyson every now and again?

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,990 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Firstly, this part in bold

this is going to sound arrogant, but my presence is charity

Is very true.  I suppose it could be argued that Jay Z has a right to be arrogant... so I guess he's just doing his thing...

...and Zod is right, if you must say 

I’m not saying that in a racial way

Then, yeah... you are.

What's funny to me is the posters on here that would be calling racism had a white entertainer said something like this are saying, "lol u mad" here...

lol indeed.

#12 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hell, would it kill people to quote some Neil Degrasse Tyson every now and again?

“One of the biggest problems with the world today is that we have large groups of people who will accept whatever they hear on the grapevine, just because it suits their worldview—not because it is actually true or because they have evidence to support it. The really striking thing is that it would not take much effort to establish validity in most of these cases… but people prefer reassurance to research.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,990 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Now there's a man I would vote for if he ran for president. 

#14 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Whoa, you just sent the wrong message all around. You just bigged up the white guy against me in the white media.’ I’m not saying that in a racial way.

Now, how can that not be taken in a racist way? Cuz he didn't say cracker? How can he not say that in a racial way, when he just pointed out a specific skin color?

#15 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

can someone explain why what belafonte said is ok and what jay z said is not ok

further, what's the difference between "now that springsteen fella, he's black" and "rg3 is a cornball brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com