Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Jay-Z vs Harry Belafonte

29 posts in this topic

Firstly, this part in bold

this is going to sound arrogant, but my presence is charity

Is very true.  I suppose it could be argued that Jay Z has a right to be arrogant... so I guess he's just doing his thing...

...and Zod is right, if you must say 

I’m not saying that in a racial way

Then, yeah... you are.

What's funny to me is the posters on here that would be calling racism had a white entertainer said something like this are saying, "lol u mad" here...

lol indeed.

Hell, would it kill people to quote some Neil Degrasse Tyson every now and again?

“One of the biggest problems with the world today is that we have large groups of people who will accept whatever they hear on the grapevine, just because it suits their worldview—not because it is actually true or because they have evidence to support it. The really striking thing is that it would not take much effort to establish validity in most of these cases… but people prefer reassurance to research.”

Neil deGrasse Tyson

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”

Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 person likes this

Now there's a man I would vote for if he ran for president. 

1 person likes this

Whoa, you just sent the wrong message all around. You just bigged up the white guy against me in the white media.’ I’m not saying that in a racial way.

Now, how can that not be taken in a racist way? Cuz he didn't say cracker? How can he not say that in a racial way, when he just pointed out a specific skin color?

can someone explain why what belafonte said is ok and what jay z said is not ok

further, what's the difference between "now that springsteen fella, he's black" and "rg3 is a cornball brother

2 people like this

Figures that the mentioning of the word "white" is the only thing some tend to notice, while the rest of the content gets ignored. The article outside this petty personal squabble is actually a good read, and makes quality points.

Figures that the mentioning of the word "white" is the only thing some tend to notice, while the rest of the content gets ignored. The article outside this petty personal squabble is actually a good read, and makes quality points.

Yep, that's what did it... he mentioned "white"... puuuhlease.

I couldn't care less...   but don't act like it was a "racial" statement, are you saying it wasn't?

The article does make some good points about something other than what Jay Z or HB said... I wonder if Jay Z is listening?

Yep, that's what did it... he mentioned "white"... puuuhlease.

I couldn't care less... but don't act like it was a "racial" statement, are you saying it wasn't?

The article does make some good points about something other than what Jay Z or HB said... I wonder if Jay Z is listening?

I didn't create this thread. Zod did, and what was the first thing he made it about? Yeah, you guessed it. Then we have characters like tbterror and YML coming in and immediately following in his footsteps. How unexpected.

it's actually hilarious this Belafonte guy would bring up Springsteen considering Jay-Z and Springsteen have very, very much in common musically, if you really think about it.

I didn't create this thread. Zod did, and what was the first thing he made it about? Yeah, you guessed it. Then we have characters like tbterror and YML coming in and immediately following in his footsteps. How unexpected.

Zod nor anyone else can control what others say or think...  if they say something out of line, I'm sure he'll ban them.

...and you didn't answer my question.