#16 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Figures that the mentioning of the word "white" is the only thing some tend to notice, while the rest of the content gets ignored. The article outside this petty personal squabble is actually a good read, and makes quality points.

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,680 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Figures that the mentioning of the word "white" is the only thing some tend to notice, while the rest of the content gets ignored. The article outside this petty personal squabble is actually a good read, and makes quality points.

Yep, that's what did it... he mentioned "white"... puuuhlease.

I couldn't care less...   but don't act like it was a "racial" statement, are you saying it wasn't?

The article does make some good points about something other than what Jay Z or HB said... I wonder if Jay Z is listening?

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yep, that's what did it... he mentioned "white"... puuuhlease.

I couldn't care less... but don't act like it was a "racial" statement, are you saying it wasn't?

The article does make some good points about something other than what Jay Z or HB said... I wonder if Jay Z is listening?

I didn't create this thread. Zod did, and what was the first thing he made it about? Yeah, you guessed it. Then we have characters like tbterror and YML coming in and immediately following in his footsteps. How unexpected.

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

it's actually hilarious this Belafonte guy would bring up Springsteen considering Jay-Z and Springsteen have very, very much in common musically, if you really think about it.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,680 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

I didn't create this thread. Zod did, and what was the first thing he made it about? Yeah, you guessed it. Then we have characters like tbterror and YML coming in and immediately following in his footsteps. How unexpected.

Zod nor anyone else can control what others say or think...  if they say something out of line, I'm sure he'll ban them.

...and you didn't answer my question.

#21 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

...and you didn't answer my question.

I already established the answer to that with my first post in this thread.

If you think Jay's statement was racist, what about the remarks Belafonte made? No issue with that whatsoever?

Like I've already said. People read what they want to read, and miss the big picture. Offended white people is certainly nothing new here, and I fully anticipated this thread to head where it has given the subject matter.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,680 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I already established the answer to that with my first post in this thread.

If you think Jay's statement was racist, what about the remarks Belafonte made? No issue with that whatsoever?

Like I've already said. People read what they want to read, and miss the big picture. Offended white people is certainly nothing new here, and I fully anticipated this thread to head where it has given the subject matter.

I read the article that was posted and this was all it said HB said...

where Harry said that Jay-Z and his lovely wife Beyonce could do more for black people than get us to shake our b*utts and buy their records.

Is that what you're asking me about?

I'm not offended... I don't care what Jay Z thinks... I just thought it was ironic that he made racial comments and the usual peanut galleries only response was "lol u mad?"

#23 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

it actually makes perfect sense.

Belafonte wants Jay-Z to be more like Bruce Springsteen (obviously a white, charitable man). He said Springsteen is black.

Jay-z responds that you tried to big up me for picking a white dude, to sympathize with white media (who has blasted his lyrics/music)

The problem i have is that if you take the two at face value, they are very different (springsteen and jay-z)

but if you actually look into what they do, how both of their music is relatable to people who feel trapped in the drudgery of life and want out. To Jay-z, belafonte was just playing to white folks. They both mythologize, make people feel cooler than they really are.

Jay-Z has donated millions to charitable causes as has Springsteen. He has set an example (even if his past isn't one) just like Springsteen of how hard work, believing in yourself, and determination can get out of that life and you can make something of yourself. Hence why he said my "presence is charitable." Springsteen would never say that out loud, but he knows it.

That is what I took from that. I didn't think Jay-z was being racist at all.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

I read the article that was posted and this was all it said HB said...

Is that what you're asking me about?

I'm not offended... I don't care what Jay Z thinks... I just thought it was ironic that he made racial comments and the usual peanut galleries only response was "lol u mad?"

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but simplifying the opinion of those here who just happen to share opposing views from yours as saying nothing but "lol u mad" repeatedly is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm referring to.

#25 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Quit being a groupie TR

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Quit being a groupie TR

Take your country ass to that clan meeting you're late for and let the adults talk YML.

#27 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Take your country ass to that clan meeting you're late for and let the adults talk YML.

We cancelled due to inclement weather. Can't be fuging up those freshly starched sheets.

#28 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

FUG JAY Z, he is racist...

AGAINST BLACKS!!!!!!!

I don't know or give a poo who balafon te is, but Jay Z perpetuates a useless and detrimental stereotype of young black males that focuses on irresponsibility, lack of accountability, drug trafficking, crime, marital infidelity, and social disgrace. A half billionaire, who made his fortunes off the backs of two actually TALENTED individuals in Tupac and Christopher.

Fug all modern day black Hip Hop entertainers. All they do is microwave lyrics from the early 90's using the commercializaton of Hip Hop, what could have been a great and powerful movement. I despise them bastards. More than any slave owner in history. THAT is the REAL definition of a so-called UNCLE TOM. They are helping to destroy our PEOPLE. And enjoying it. No amount of charity can atone for the millions of youthes slain in their name. If they really gave a poo they would spend their time in HBCU's learning from the real future of the Black American race. Instead they get on reality TV shows acting as unrealistically ignorant as possible all in the name of being REAL. Teaching the youth that the important things in life are financial stupidity, paternal immorality and aimless anarchy. They care nothing for my people, they don't even care for themselves.

#29 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,680 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but simplifying the opinion of those here who just happen to share opposing views from yours as saying nothing but "lol u mad" repeatedly is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm referring to.

I really wasn't being sarcastic, and yeah, "lol u mad" is simplifying the response, but that's basically what it was...

It's the hypocrisy I'm referring to...

...and now there are two questions you didn't answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com