Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7-28 Camp Thread

222 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really like Gettleman's draft with Star, Kawann, Klein, and Barner.

Unfortunately, I see an injury filled career ahead of Kugbila. If the guy can't even stay on the field for practice, how is he going to stay on the field for games. Not everyone is as lucky as Jonathan Stewart.

Posted · Report post

I know his college offenses was a great system, but with his numbers and his speed, how in the hell did he drop to us in the 6th?  I love our draft this year.  I think we got incredible value with Barnes and Klein.

I was fairly surprised he fell that far as well.  But it wasn't the system that had him fall so much as it was he goes down on first contact a good amount and from what I remember (granted it has been awhile), tends to take runs to the outside regardless of where it is designed. Going to be a very good gadget player, never needed training camp or preseason to determine this.  But not really someone you commit a high pick on either.  Of course, if he even gives us remotely close to 2011 Darren Sproles production, that is a different story and I do like him as a backup.

Posted · Report post

Gotta get some o line help in here, or Cam is going to get pressured and hit a ton again. Other than the oline, I'm liking what I hear from the rest of the offense. The WR's are doing their thing, and besides Ginns drops, he's impressed as well. Love what I'm hearing about Barner as well.

Posted · Report post

I really like Gettleman's draft with Star, Kawann, Klein, and Barner.

Unfortunately, I see an injury filled career ahead of Kugbila. If the guy can't even stay on the field for practice, how is he going to stay on the field for games. Not everyone is as lucky as Jonathan Stewart.

Hammy strains happen to everyone. Quit over reacting.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

We desperately need oline help

Posted · Report post

I know it's only the third day of camp, but let's be honest... we all knew are offensive line was poor.

Hangartner is a serviceable backup at best and Byron Bell is a below average tackle. On top of that our depth isn't exactly great.

Other than Silatolu, Kalil, and Gross (who is a shell of his former self); our o-line is garbage.

T.Wharton come on down.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman is going to sign somebody. He's out there watching and looking for what other little pieces we need. We are gonna be fine.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

We desperately need oline help

If we can see it, so can Gettleman.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I will say this.  If Kenjon Barner shows that he can be an explosive player for us as a backup and utility player, we would be smart not to rush Stewart back onto the field.  Regardless of how good you feel he is in comparison to DeAngelo Williams, I think most of us can agree Williams can get the job done and in a good way in a traditional running game.  Williams is still at around 1100 career carries and showed that he still had the vision and agility to defeat defenders to the corner later in the season.  Not to mention we still have a guy by the name of Tolbert who can handle short yardage responsibilities (which I think Williams has proven to be good at in the past and obviously Newton).

This way ensures Stewart is 100% when he steps back onto the field and that is scary for defenses.

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith broke his arm playing flag football with some randoms.

Edmund Kugbila pulled a hamstring while practicing with grown men in a professional sport competing for a roster and/or starting spot.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Start Bruce Campbell at RT and slide Bell into right guard. Piggy can serve as interior backup.

Posted · Report post

Start Bruce Campbell at RT and slide Bell into right guard. Piggy can serve as interior backup.

Bell is a BAD guard, can people stop suggesting this?
1 person likes this