#92 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Look for me I'll be in a black panthers hat and kick ass Targaryen shirt. I'm on team dragon.

Team dire wolf.

#93 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Barner just burned everyone

so you're saying he's a Barn Burner?

#94 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,945 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

I know it's only the third day of camp, but let's be honest... we all knew are offensive line was poor.

Hangartner is a serviceable backup at best and Byron Bell is a below average tackle. On top of that our depth isn't exactly great.

Other than Silatolu, Kalil, and Gross (who is a shell of his former self); our o-line is garbage.

#95 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm happy Gettis is really wanting to prove something

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 49s

Gettis back out there, participating in receiver drills.

#96 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Barner getting praise from Cam. This guy has me excited. No hesitation in hitting the hole fast. #PanthersCamp

If we finally found our Sproles in Barner I will be one happy fan. I really think this kid can be a lethal weapon for us. Great value in the 6th round. 

I know his college offenses was a great system, but with his numbers and his speed, how in the hell did he drop to us in the 6th?  I love our draft this year.  I think we got incredible value with Barnes and Klein.

#97 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,945 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

I really like Gettleman's draft with Star, Kawann, Klein, and Barner.

Unfortunately, I see an injury filled career ahead of Kugbila. If the guy can't even stay on the field for practice, how is he going to stay on the field for games. Not everyone is as lucky as Jonathan Stewart.

#98 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

I know his college offenses was a great system, but with his numbers and his speed, how in the hell did he drop to us in the 6th?  I love our draft this year.  I think we got incredible value with Barnes and Klein.

I was fairly surprised he fell that far as well.  But it wasn't the system that had him fall so much as it was he goes down on first contact a good amount and from what I remember (granted it has been awhile), tends to take runs to the outside regardless of where it is designed. Going to be a very good gadget player, never needed training camp or preseason to determine this.  But not really someone you commit a high pick on either.  Of course, if he even gives us remotely close to 2011 Darren Sproles production, that is a different story and I do like him as a backup.

#99 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Gotta get some o line help in here, or Cam is going to get pressured and hit a ton again. Other than the oline, I'm liking what I hear from the rest of the offense. The WR's are doing their thing, and besides Ginns drops, he's impressed as well. Love what I'm hearing about Barner as well.

#100 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

I really like Gettleman's draft with Star, Kawann, Klein, and Barner.

Unfortunately, I see an injury filled career ahead of Kugbila. If the guy can't even stay on the field for practice, how is he going to stay on the field for games. Not everyone is as lucky as Jonathan Stewart.

Hammy strains happen to everyone. Quit over reacting.

#101 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

We desperately need oline help

#102 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

I know it's only the third day of camp, but let's be honest... we all knew are offensive line was poor.

Hangartner is a serviceable backup at best and Byron Bell is a below average tackle. On top of that our depth isn't exactly great.

Other than Silatolu, Kalil, and Gross (who is a shell of his former self); our o-line is garbage.

T.Wharton come on down.

#103 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Gettleman is going to sign somebody. He's out there watching and looking for what other little pieces we need. We are gonna be fine.

#104 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

We desperately need oline help

If we can see it, so can Gettleman.

#105 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

I will say this.  If Kenjon Barner shows that he can be an explosive player for us as a backup and utility player, we would be smart not to rush Stewart back onto the field.  Regardless of how good you feel he is in comparison to DeAngelo Williams, I think most of us can agree Williams can get the job done and in a good way in a traditional running game.  Williams is still at around 1100 career carries and showed that he still had the vision and agility to defeat defenders to the corner later in the season.  Not to mention we still have a guy by the name of Tolbert who can handle short yardage responsibilities (which I think Williams has proven to be good at in the past and obviously Newton).

This way ensures Stewart is 100% when he steps back onto the field and that is scary for defenses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com