33 replies to this topic

#16 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well today after practice, he went on both sides and signed some stuff, he was right directly in front of me and my son but didn't grab his jersey to sign it, he has so much stuff crammed in his face and people yelling his name out, it was kinda chaotic but he did sign a jersey for a dude sitting near me and signed a picture for this girl standing beside me....thinking back i shoulda dropped my son's jersey on the ground so he'd had to pick it up and im sure he'd sign it then...i was close to getting it but didn't, got lafell and captain's autos though...

#17 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,363 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Today he skipped the spots where people were calling him. Just FYI

#18 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just print this out the size you want and trace it onto the jersey.

49-07698-2-Y.jpg

If you dont want to sell it the authenticity wont matter and she will never know the difference.

#19 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

getting kids to ask for you is your best bet....But, your fiancée asking will work better than you asking. I tried to get Smitty to sign a 8x10, and he just walked by me lol. but my fiancée was a few people down the line, so i gave her the 8x10 and she asked him. He said "this is the last auto for today" Players seem a little more comfortable signing for children, and women. Hope this helps, and good luck! 

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Asking kids to get autographs for you?

Ugh.

#21 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,425 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I ask kids for there autograph.

#22 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Asking kids to get autographs for you?

Ugh.

Honestly, I'd rather have my kids ask than me. If you think about it. It is kinda odd, and silly for a grown man to ask another grown man for a autograph. But, damn the auto's look so damn good on 8x10s jerseys etc.....A 8x10 looks so bland to me hanging up on a wall w/no autograph.

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

If you think about it. It is kinda odd, and silly for a grown man to ask another grown man for a autograph.

Yes. Yes, it is.

#24 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Make sure you hold the jersey with both hands and lay it flat against the wall. If steps 1 & 2 are not followed Cam gives mean looks and moves on.

True story

#25 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yes. Yes, it is.

No it's not. Even though most of the guys I root for are younger than I am, I find it perfectly acceptable to ask them for a signature. It's a symbiotic relationship. The sig shows me that they are involved with the fans, it shows the human side of the athlete, and if there were no fans looking for sigs there would be no multi million dollar players, no multi billion dollar league and we would all be sad.

Autographs seekers prove the health of our favorite sport.

#26 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I appreciate all of the tips, again the autograph isn't for myself but I told my fiancee that I would make an effort to get it on her jersey.

#27 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

No it's not. Even though most of the guys I root for are younger than I am, I find it perfectly acceptable to ask them for a signature. It's a symbiotic relationship. The sig shows me that they are involved with the fans, it shows the human side of the athlete, and if there were no fans looking for sigs there would be no multi million dollar players, no multi billion dollar league and we would all be sad.

Autographs seekers prove the health of our favorite sport.

Huh, I always thought it was the money from ticket and merchandise sales that kept it going. Who would've thought it was grown ass men begging a man for his signature.

#28 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

Seems like so much more trouble than it's worth. I don't understand the appeal....but to each his/her own. I think if I wanted one I would find a situation where it's being done for charity and just pay.

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

OTAs are the best bet.  Forget Spartanburg.  I used to take my kids to OTAs and they not only got autographs,  we had many conversations with the players. 

I think autographs are dumb, but the kids decorated their rooms in Panther signed gloves (Hoover), jerseys (Smith, Williams) posters and banners, helmets, personal photos, etc.   I was taking pictures of my sons interacting with the players, but you have to be careful doing that--they thought I was doing what some of you suggest and getting my kids to sign for my ebay career.  Photos are ways to verify authenticity and the players know that.  (I don't have an ebay account).  The players (some) got a bit antsy--Smith for one.  So, I wait until the signing is done and ask for photos.  To me, a photo is much better than an autograph.

#30 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Huh, I always thought it was the money from ticket and merchandise sales that kept it going. Who would've thought it was grown ass men begging a man for his signature.

Look I can explain it to you but I cant make you understand it.  If no one cared enough to do things like ask for an autograph, or take a picture that would show a bit of apathy towards the sport.  Sales are the life's blood of the sport, but as soon as the fanaticism(yucky icky autographers) goes away, you will have a dying sport. Troll somewhere else dipshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.