Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our passing down D-Line

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Lotulelei can play DE.. Imagine that.

Posted

we finally have the mold for a championship defense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes very dynamic and on paper even better than 2003 Panthers' D line. The main sub back then for passing downs was just to bring in Al Wallace, right?

I was going to agree with you but then i watched this..

our current roster might be good on paper, but until they put it the results- they are just another good D-line

we haven't even seen our 2 rookie DTs play yet and we a crowning them better than 2003 D-line???

we go to the NFCCG and beyond- then we can have a discussion about them being better..

2 people like this

Posted

I think people forget how nasty and dominant our front 4 was in 2003. 

2 people like this

Posted

i would imagine dwan edwards would be in that lineup.

Posted

Very true, but I believe this year's D-Line has the potential to be just as good.

The bad news is we could hide the deficiencies more in the secondary b/c the DB's were allowed a lot more contact in 2003 than they will be in 2013.  I remember many receivers that year (Marvin Harrison, Tory Holt, Eagles no-name group) complaining about how rough the Panthers DB's were (and not flagged).  But anyway, it was good coaching b/c it worked.  Ricky Manning Jr, would have never made the impact he did with his playing style into today's game.

I personally don't see our secondary today as much worse.  Really, outside of Deon Grant, no secondary player from that team had a lasting impact in the league.  But I think they have the possibility to get exposed a lot more.

2 people like this

Posted

i would imagine dwan edwards would be in that lineup.

Wasn't yesterday in pass situational practice.

Posted

We had the 1st and 2nd best DLinemen in the NFL IMO in Jenkins (1) and Pep (2)

Posted

Jenkins was an uncanny force until that shoulder injury and then his career went to hell, cheetos and frangelico

Posted

Yes very dynamic and on paper even better than 2003 Panthers' D line. The main sub back then for passing downs was just to bring in Al Wallace, right?

This line could be very good but let's not start comparing it to the 03' group. We haven't seen anything yet from Short or Star.

Posted

Short yard  and goal line D-Line

Hardy, Star, Cole, & CJ

Thats some serious Beef in the middle 

2 people like this

Posted

I really think Colin Cole can be our Shane Burton. Very solid rotation guy. It's all about the rotation. We have added 4 Dline weapons in the last 2 years. That really helps.