Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our passing down D-Line

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Dwan can still play too. He won't get as many snaps but he will wear down that line.

Posted

Superbowl?

Look our secondary is still mediocre and we have rookies starting. We could be badass but we could also still be rebuilding for yet another year.

Posted

Superbowl?

Look our secondary is still mediocre and we have rookies starting. We could be badass but we could also still be rebuilding for yet another year.

Yeah but who played CB for us in 2003? Reggie Howard and Ricky Manning? We had guys like Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble in for years and did nothing with them. We will struggle in the secondary, but we don't need 11 pro bowlers to make the playoffs. We beat the Saints, Falcons, and Raiders by beating the poo out of their QBs. If we can keep a nasty rotation going our opponents will fear us.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -Yoda

1 person likes this

Posted

At this point Star and Short could be the new McClain and Fua, or Sapp and Ngata. We really have no idea. I don't think Edwards is as good as a lot of fans seem to think. Hopefully our DTs will pan out and we can have a very good defense for the first time in years. 

I just want some aspect of this team to be exceptional. Defense, offense, special teams, just give me something. Right now it seems to me that the defense on paper might have the right pieces to be very good.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure why we assume Luke is much of a pass rusher. Haven't seen much of his passing moves.

Posted

Last one to the QB call 911

1 person likes this

Posted

When Kris Jenkins was at his most dominant.  That group was amazing. 

That 2003 group won many a game for us. 

PLAY MY MUSIC!

Posted

Last one to the QB call 911

: D

Posted

I have no delusions. Our rookie defensive tackles will struggle, and make mistakes.

We are blessed the rest of the line should be able to help our rookies out.

Posted

How much are we going to see both rookies on the field at the same time? Assuming 1 is the best run stiffing DT & the other the best pass rushing DT in teh draft, and with our depth & rotation. 95, 92, 96, 76 & 95, 68, 76, 90? That's my guess at most run & pass situations, still have rotation to plug&play....

Posted

Bottom line is our DLine is deff improved from last year! i dont think we will have any bryce brown repeats this year. We have the makings of a very formidable defense that should hold its own against any team we face! As long as RR gets in the film room shows the rookies what not to do we should be just fine! I personally cant wait to see what Hardy and johnson do to kapernick and that bs read option! Hopefully they take a play out of the Ravens book and hit him EVERY SINGLE PLAY! The Kraken will prbly be foaming at the mouth in Nov!!!