Photo
- - - - -

18 years ago today...

Best Answer biggdownunder, 29 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

ill never forget bob christian thanks to that game. lol, john kasay looks like a rag-a-muffin in that pic!! i think both teams looked really classy then, dont know wtf happened with jacksonville over time...only major uniform adjustment we've made just won the greatest uniform in history contest :P 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

we can now legally purchase cigarettes and lotto tickets in most states

#17 Zuck Fod

Zuck Fod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Chris Hetherington!

#18 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.

#19 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have a Reich Starter jersey somewhere in my closet, its the 1st Panther jersey I ever owned...

#20 JB82887

JB82887

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationJohnston Rd

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

I remember watching that game...hard to believe it has already been 18 years.  I was only 7 and my dad and I were Dolphins fans prior to the Panthers existing.  I am so happy we have a team here now and can't even imagine not having the Panthers to follow 24/7 365

#21 CarolinaLumberjack

CarolinaLumberjack

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFlagstaff, AZ/Charlotte, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

I remember that game well. I was 12, on vacation at the Gulf with my family. My dad and I were Eagles fans, but during that game I realized that the Eagles could suck it. Been with the Panthers ever since.

#22 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

I remember watching this game with my older brother(RIP) when I was 11 with my life-size Panthers helmet replica in my lap that I bought with my own birthday money.  Was so happy when they won, I ran around the house with my helmet on smashing into things with my head.

#23 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Today I was thinking about things our kids will never hear....."Smoking or non smoking?"

#24 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,697 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.

Man, you were dangerously close to having to own a Blaine Gabbert jersey!

#25 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I was 2.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,485 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Players I remember from that game:

Bob Christian (pretty sure he scored our first touchdown), Howard Griffith (sledgehammer fullback), Paul Butcher (Dr. Psycho), Frank Reich, Blake Brockermeyer, Lamar Lathon, John Kasay, and of course, Sam Mills

Great game moments:

Kerry Collins taking his first snaps as a pro...

Desmond Howard running a punt back for a TD against terrible coverage :(

Tyrone Poole leaping about ten feet in the air to snag an interception...

And obviously, Steve Lofton's pass knockdown, the last play of a magnificent goal line stand that won the game :D

#27 Bigdaddy8523

Bigdaddy8523

NewVeteranMember

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Today I was thinking about things our kids will never hear....."Smoking or non smoking?"

Actually I live in Kentucky where u can still smoke in restaurants. So my kid does hear that when we go eat sometimes.

#28 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Y'all are making me feel old, but I was there ... and I was an adult already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.