Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelgianPantherFan

7-29 Camp Thread

257 posts in this topic

Joe Person @josephperson 2m

Ron Rivera and the medical staff are taking steps to avoid soft tissue injuries. But Rivera admitted sometimes you're just lucky.

Joe Person @josephperson 3m

Rivera hopes that luck continues. So far no major injuries for the Panthers.

All I want from this years TC is no significant injuries and a smooth transaction from Chud to Shula.

6 people like this

The real question is... can Jerry West play OL?

With a Providence Day School secondary...  at least for the moment. 

They really aren't that bad, seriously.  They don't have to be that good either.  Pass rush is all important.

I am excited about this team, but the question marks at O-Line at the secondary temper my excitement. 

The o-line is a concern but I'm sure the FO will get us something by the time the season starts.  Don't forget Cam is an escape artist.

I see 3 games I feel like right now we should win:   @Bills, @ Cardinals, & Jets

Good call these are must wins if we are truly taking the next step.

And 3 games that I feel will be difficult to win:  @Bucs, @49ers, & @Saints.

Again I think the 9ers pose the most difficult task.  the bucs are a huge ? and the Saints defense is comprised of players with the caliber of being backups to our secondary.

The rest are all up in the air.  I think anything from 6-10 wins is where this team falls, being realistic.

8 wins has to be the basement for the team.  We have to find ways to get the gutsy win when we need it most.

49ers @ home is going to be very tough, and while I think the whole Sean Payton coming back thing is overblown, they have been almost unbeatable at home with him at the helm.  Still think their defense is going to be atrocious.

Agree with everything except the Saints being unbeatable at home they really do suck.

I also think the Bucs are going to be a much better team this year than a lot of people are giving them credit for.  The questions about Josh Freeman notwithstanding, there is a lot of talent on that team.

Talent not withstanding they have an absolute mind fug at coach.  Freeman crumbles, The run d and pass rush does not exist.

The NFCS is going to be a dogfight.  I think a lot of national media types are underestimating the issues the Falcons have on both lines and just how bad the Saints defense truly was.

Agree

A lot also don't realize the fluky losses the Panthers had last year and how we were one of the best teams in the league down the stretch.

Agree

I will be happy if the Panthers can just make the playoffs, and hopefully win the division

The Division will be ours

All I want from this years TC is no significant injuries and a smooth transaction from Chud to Shula.

transition

Here is the reality of the situation; imagine you are Gettlemen:

Your OL is the weakest link and you have a franchise qb and vow to run the ball more effectively.

Your other biggest concern, arguably SS, seems to have an answer; Mitchell and Campbell are impressing the coach.

You had players take pay cuts and everyone knows there is $13 million in cap room. 

Gettlemen is waiting for the right move.  I think, especially considering the reps Kugbila is missing, that we make a move for a RG.

2 people like this

Brandon Moore come on down!

I have been praying to God above for no major injuries this camp. It's been good so far.

Max Henson @PanthersMax 2m

Rookie safety Robert Lester says Cam Newton always tells him "War Eagle" when he walks by. Lester says he responds "Roll Tide."

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 1m

Robert Lester: Every time Cam sees me he says War Eagle. I want to say Roll Tide but he's the starting quarterback you know?

2 people like this

transition

Just got my wisdom teeth out and vaguely remember posting that. Thanks.

1 person likes this