#121 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

I am excited about Barn Burner. I wonder if he's faster than Sproles. Does anyone know if he has a JAG or a Smitty-type build?

#122 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,243 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

The kid Moss look good yesterday maybe he makes the PS.

Interesting, he's a pretty big guy isn't he?

#123 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I know reports are bersin is looking good but I dot see how he'll get past practice squad at best. I think he's a camp body and will be gone last round of cuts.

If he can be a gunner or returner he'll have a chance. A 6th string wide out won't see the field except for special teams so he needs to add that to his arsenal to beat out Adams; in my opinion.

#124 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 8m

Rivera says that the addition of Ted Ginn will benefit both receivers and tight ends due to Ginn's ability to blow the tops off coverage.

#125 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 5m

Rivera said DJ Campbell and Mike Mitchell are having a great battle for starting SS

#126 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

I think the Panthers are who we thought they were with the OLine being our weak spot. With the addition of Mitchell and Moore and Florence, the DB's are going to come along fine, especially since our rush should be even better

#127 Seltzer

Seltzer

• ALL-PRO
  • 650 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

If there is one thing I can draw from these early practices it is this, we have a New York Giant-esque front 4 with a Baltimore Raven-esque LB corps.  This is gonna be fun to watch.

With a Providence Day School secondary...  at least for the moment. 

I am excited about this team, but the question marks at O-Line at the secondary temper my excitement. 

I see 3 games I feel like right now we should win:   @Bills, @ Cardinals, & Jets

And 3 games that I feel will be difficult to win:  @Bucs, @49ers, & @Saints.

The rest are all up in the air.  I think anything from 6-10 wins is where this team falls, being realistic.

49ers @ home is going to be very tough, and while I think the whole Sean Payton coming back thing is overblown, they have been almost unbeatable at home with him at the helm.  Still think their defense is going to be atrocious.

I also think the Bucs are going to be a much better team this year than a lot of people are giving them credit for.  The questions about Josh Freeman notwithstanding, there is a lot of talent on that team.

The NFCS is going to be a dogfight.  I think a lot of national media types are underestimating the issues the Falcons have on both lines and just how bad the Saints defense truly was.

A lot also don't realize the fluky losses the Panthers had last year and how we were one of the best teams in the league down the stretch.

I will be happy if the Panthers can just make the playoffs, and hopefully win the division

#128 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

It will be interesting to see who comes away as the third string tight end. Zod said Brockel was lining up as a tight end, but there is no need for Brockel and Hartsock and it would be a waste of a roster spot to carry two full backs.

I'm interested in the Nelson Rosario vs. Brandon Williams battle. It seems as if Williams was the better player today.

#129 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Interesting, he's a pretty big guy isn't he?

6'3   215

#130 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

At the end of the day, I think the OL is going to make or break us. Without a good OL we still aren't going to have a good running game outside of Cam.

#131 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Joe Person @josephperson 2m

Ron Rivera and the medical staff are taking steps to avoid soft tissue injuries. But Rivera admitted sometimes you're just lucky.

Joe Person @josephperson 3m

Rivera hopes that luck continues. So far no major injuries for the Panthers.

#132 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

All I want from this years TC is no significant injuries and a smooth transaction from Chud to Shula.

#133 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

The real question is... can Jerry West play OL?

#134 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

With a Providence Day School secondary...  at least for the moment. 

They really aren't that bad, seriously.  They don't have to be that good either.  Pass rush is all important.

I am excited about this team, but the question marks at O-Line at the secondary temper my excitement. 

The o-line is a concern but I'm sure the FO will get us something by the time the season starts.  Don't forget Cam is an escape artist.

I see 3 games I feel like right now we should win:   @Bills, @ Cardinals, & Jets

Good call these are must wins if we are truly taking the next step.

And 3 games that I feel will be difficult to win:  @Bucs, @49ers, & @Saints.

Again I think the 9ers pose the most difficult task.  the bucs are a huge ? and the Saints defense is comprised of players with the caliber of being backups to our secondary.

The rest are all up in the air.  I think anything from 6-10 wins is where this team falls, being realistic.

8 wins has to be the basement for the team.  We have to find ways to get the gutsy win when we need it most.

49ers @ home is going to be very tough, and while I think the whole Sean Payton coming back thing is overblown, they have been almost unbeatable at home with him at the helm.  Still think their defense is going to be atrocious.

Agree with everything except the Saints being unbeatable at home they really do suck.

I also think the Bucs are going to be a much better team this year than a lot of people are giving them credit for.  The questions about Josh Freeman notwithstanding, there is a lot of talent on that team.

Talent not withstanding they have an absolute mind fug at coach.  Freeman crumbles, The run d and pass rush does not exist.

The NFCS is going to be a dogfight.  I think a lot of national media types are underestimating the issues the Falcons have on both lines and just how bad the Saints defense truly was.

Agree

A lot also don't realize the fluky losses the Panthers had last year and how we were one of the best teams in the league down the stretch.

Agree

I will be happy if the Panthers can just make the playoffs, and hopefully win the division

The Division will be ours

#135 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

All I want from this years TC is no significant injuries and a smooth transaction from Chud to Shula.

transition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com