Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barnwell Goes After Beason and Johnsons Contracts

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Bill Barnwell has a well documented hatred for Marty Hurney. The fact that he is still talking about this is kind of sad 

Posted

How many different ways can the world say, "Hurney was an idiot?"

Posted

How many different ways can the world say, "Hurney was an idiot?"

Posted

I agree with everyone.  We didn't have much of a choice with Johnson.  In hindsight I'd do it again.  We could not let him go to Atlanta and as everyone has seen he's not been too far off being worth that whole contract instead of being worth 85% of it.

The Beason one I do question just because I remember him too no practicing before he got the extension.  I know we'll never know but I wonder what the team knew about his health when he signed that deal.

Posted

Did we pay top dollar for CJ, sure did. He has however attempted to live up to that contract and not flake out on us.

First guys to sign in FA get paid and he was one of those. The price for DE's seems to have dropped this year but CJ is more of a complete end than those guys I believe.

Beason, we should have been more prudent with and should have taken a wait and see approach with regards to his health. We were guilty of being loyal to a multiple pro bowler, not the worst sin in the world but not the smartest decision either.

We needed a new GM that wasn't so attached to the "old" contracts. I shudder to think the situation we'd be looking at today if Marty was still in charge.

Posted

CJ has flat out said before that he was going to go to Atlanta for significantly less money until Hurney basically gave him a blank check. If he would have left it would have filled one of Atlanta's only weaknesses and left us with another gaping hole. Anyone who says CJ isn't worth it isn't very educated on the subject.

Posted

Some of you guys thinking we had a choice not to overpay him don't remember the context of what was going on at the time. The panthers were the very worst team in the nfl and the falcons were the first seed in the goddamn NFC. CJ sleeps with a falcons cap on. It would've happened

Posted

Juggernaut Johnson

Posted

Good gawd the man was fired and is pretty generally hated by the fans, let it gooooooo already.

Posted

We signed Johnson because we didn't want him going to Atlanta. Although, that whole thing was probably him blowing smoke up the Panther's asses. He played Hurney like a fiddle.

Beason was a top 5 MLB before being injured.

well the point they make was they gave an unhealthy Beason that mega deal....

Posted

Just think how Atlanta's defense would have been with John Abraham on one side and CJ on the other.

We did the right thing out-bidding Atlanta for CJ's services.

Posted

Good gawd the man was fired and is pretty generally hated by the fans, let it gooooooo already.

It's one thing if it were a coach that was fired and people were regularly hating on him in threads...but this guy was a GM. His incompetence in regards to the bad contracts will still be affecting us years down the line...the hate for him is still warranted.