7 replies to this topic

#1 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Fantastic horror film for those that are into them. Definitely worth the money to see it in theaters, and one of the must-see movies of the summer IMO.

Plus it was filmed right down the road from where I live, so that's pretty cool too.

#2 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

So help a brother out...

My wife and I love horror flicks but she has a near crippling fear of dolls. 

From the trailer it appears that there are a number of creepy dolls and they make up an integral part of the plot.  Is that so?  If not are they pervasive in the movie or more along the lines of the clown in Poltergeist?

#3 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

So help a brother out...

From the trailer it appears that there are a number of creepy dolls and they make up an integral part of the plot. Is that so? If not are they pervasive in the movie or more along the lines of the clown in Poltergeist?

There is only one creepy doll.

I'm not going to ruin the film for you, but it doesn't get a terrible amount of screen time.

#4 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

The doll is creepy but not necessarily integral to the film's plot.  It is more of a haunted/possessed home film than it is a killer doll film.

My brother is deathly afraid of dolls (partly my fault, I tortured him when we were kids) and he sat through the movie fine and enjoyed the hell out of it. I anticipate it will be the same for your wife. Enjoy!

#5 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Second number one film of the summer that was filmed in Wilmington. The other was Iron Man 3.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,839 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

So help a brother out...

From the trailer it appears that there are a number of creepy dolls and they make up an integral part of the plot. Is that so? If not are they pervasive in the movie or more along the lines of the clown in Poltergeist?

Ha yeah there are a couple of parts she will probably pee her pants but overall the doll only gets maybe 10 minutes of screen time.

#7 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Second number one film of the summer that was filmed in Wilmington. The other was Iron Man 3.

Third one this year..

Spoiler

#8 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm going to see it this weekend at a Drive in theater. Should be pretty creepy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.