72 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Really good practice today at Wofford. The weather wasn't to hot, and the mosquitoes were manageable.

When I arrived Star Lotulelei was getting some one on one mentoring from a defensive coach. He was fine tuning his hand placement and shedding blocks. Star appears to be self motivated and a student of the game. These two things are as important as his physical traits, if not more so.
Posted Image

Luke Kuechly stopped on the way in to sign a few autographs. The fans love this guy. Luke appears to go to the kids first for autographs, as he should.
Posted Image

Rivera lit a fire under the team today. He apparently wanted a more uptempo practice. Very little time was taken between snaps, sometimes not even allowing players to leave the field after their rotation.
Posted Image

The offensive line remains my biggest concern. I have to think Gettleman is on the phone and the wire daily.
Posted Image

Cam continues to have his best camp yet. He is clowning around less, and showing more leadership. I think he may be maturing a bit.
Posted Image

Barner is a shifty guy. He is 5'9 which isn't very short, but he runs much lower than that. He disappears easily behind the offensive line and gives the defensive players only shoulder pads and legs to grab on to. Good stuff.
Posted Image

Greg Olsen is far and away our best Tight End. I am struggling to find something about the other guys worth mentioning.
Posted Image

Gettis had an up and down day. While he did ok in individual drills, he had some drops when being defended. He is also very slow to get up after hitting the ground. I just don't know if this guy has the grit needed for the NFL.
Posted Image

The good news is Brandon Lafell is having his best camp so far. He is catching everything near him and following it through with YACs.
Posted Image

You just can't help but pull for Pilares. That guy gives it everything he has on every play. He just needs to improve his consistency with positive results.
Posted Image

For some reason Armond Smith did a TD "point to the sky" move during a typical routine drill. Made me laugh, don't know why.
Posted Image

There is some good news regarding the offensive line. They were able to open up some pretty big holes today for the running backs.
Posted Image

The offensive line a few times had a hard time containing Star. Jeff Byers here isn't showing effective technique I don't think.
Posted Image

I like Lafell's LSU shoes and gloves. I don't like our secondary being abused by them.
Posted Image

Jerry RIchardson and Jerry West. I am pretty pumped up that I got to meet West. My dad, who is from WV, will be more pumped up.
Posted Image

Blackburn saw time today with the starting LB's. He is listed at 6'3 but seems much taller than that. He also has a great motor and is vocal on the field.
Posted Image

Ginn and HIxon's stock was on the rise today. Both made some really nice grabs under tight coverage. They may be pulling away from the pack. Armanti had a nice touchdown catch, but I notified him that he only had one foot in bounds. He laughed a bit.
Posted Image

There is your camp update for 7-29-13.

Click here to view the article

#2 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Good pictures, come on football! Can't wait for August 9th. Preseason football is better than no football.

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,331 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Nice pic of West and Richardson.

Nice quote from West on Cam

“He’s not quite big enough to be a power forward,’’ West said. “He’s a really nice kid and I think his best years are ahead of him. Obviously, Mr. Richardson thinks the world of him. It’s up to him at this period of his life to grow as a player and make everyone around him better. I think he’s going to be the type of player that everyone anticipates he’s going to be and lead this team to really a lot higher level.’’

#4 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Good to hear the o-line had a better day as well.

#5 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

The offensive line a few times had a hard time containing Star. Jeff Byers here isn't showing effective technique I don't think.

Carolina-Panthers-Training-Camp-3-21.jpg

Sadly that's Silatolu. :(

#6 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Thanks for another great write up. Keep em coming!

#7 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,238 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

so is that the second time star has put amini on the ground?

2-1 Star

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sadly that's Silatolu. :(

Thanks, fixed.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

good stuff. did the oline open up holes in just the hurry up period or was it throughout? it seemed from the tweets that it wasn't until they practiced with the hurry up O that they looked good against the defense.

#10 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

so is that the second time star has put amini on the ground?

2-1 Star

Amini is a powerful SOB. His problems last year were not physical, they were mental. When he knew his assignment, he was a beast and often manhandled vet defenders.

If Star is consistently putting Amini on the ground... watch the F*** out!

#11 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Good to see some different pics..... Barner is gonna be the steal of the draft.

#12 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,627 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Death Star knocking down Amini like that is exciting.

#KaijuMode

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

interezting about barner running low. that seemed to be one of the biggest criticisms of him from people after watching highlights.

#14 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Love it Zod!

Thanks as always!!

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,448 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

OL remains my biggest worry as well.

That said, it won't surprise me if the team waits until week two to sign veteran help (saves money because you don't have to guarantee the full salary).

And again, nice work Zod.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.