• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Is it a consensus among people who have attended camp that we need to find oline help from outside the team? From people who have seen it first hand, have they been that horrible?

#2 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Is it a consensus among people who have attended camp that we need to find oline help from outside the team? From people who have seen it first hand, have they been that horrible?

Nah they'll all make the probowl this year.

The consensus seems to be gross is ok along with Silatolu and kalil but the right side is a mess

#3 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

IMO, yes. Need a vet RG. I think decent plug and play OGs are easier to find than OTs and that Bell can be serviceable if playing beside a starting caliber RG. Bell is always going to struggle against speed and there are going to be teams that we play that we'll have to keep a back home to help him.

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

We have to face some beast dlines this year. I didn't think they looked that good on Sunday but that was the first full pad practice, The right side needs some upgrading. JPP and Aldon Smith are lurking.

#5 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

"Right now we haven’t put the things in that we feel will be really conducive to him." ~ Rivera

As per the Barner article that was posted earlier. Whether this is tacit admission of our o-line woes, I cannot tell.

#6 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I say sign Brandon Moore if we can get him reasonably priced and then wait to sign a veteran tackle after cuts.

#7 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

I say sign Brandon Moore if we can get him reasonably priced and then wait to sign a veteran tackle after cuts.

He announced retirement last week I believe

#8 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Moore came out and said that wasn't true. He is just waiting for the right situation (money).

#9 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

I wouldn't mind making a trade for someone...Hurney was always the king of using late round draft picks to trade for a few guys that could help out.

Don't think thats Gettlemen's preferred method which is ok...just hope he has a plan.  As someone said in another thread if its that obvious to us then its probably pretty obvious to them.

#10 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,768 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

his agent said that was false

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,768 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'd feel more comfortable if we did sign somebody. Not too big on Wharton, but it would be better than nothing I suppose.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,711 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

by all accounts silatolu has looked outstanding thus far, which automatically makes gross and kalil look more like the pro-bowlers they're expected to be. less messes to clean up. most of us have been calling for a right guard to come in and add some clout to the position for quite some time. i'm sure gettleman is as aware of the need as anyone, especially now that kugzilla has gone done with a hammy. bell is serviceable at RT, but he needs someone competent inside to complement him.

either way i'd expect to see a lot of packages with hartsock lined up on the right to give a little extra help. from what we've heard he's a halfway decent receiving option as well, so i wouldn't be surprised to see some passes tossed his way. makes sense now that giving him a contract was a bigger priority than expected during the offseason.

i don't think campbell is going to do anything for us. at best he is depth. between free agency and next year's draft we need a new starting right guard and right tackle/franchise left tackle that can let us kick gross back to the right to finish out his career.

thanks to all the fugers down at training camp providing the raw data to allow everyone to make attempts at interpreting it.

#13 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ya I always thought gross amini and kalil would be good, but the right side would be horrible. Could prevent our whole offense from being productive

#14 panfanman

panfanman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I would really like to know if we even invited Eric Winston in for a talk. If we called and inquired about him possibly coming for an interview and he simply wasn't interested in talking to us then that's fine. But if we didn't even try I would really be pissed at our front office.
Our right side is $h!t. Cam was bull rushed much of the entire season last year from the right side and we have done absolutely nothing to address this problem.
Mark my word, if we can't get help on the right side other than who we already have, our season will be no better than last year. One of our 1st 2 picks should have been a offensive lineman. Shouda, wouda, couda . . .what can we do now?

#15 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,895 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

We need a RG, a RT and need to be looking at replacing Gross next year. His restructure IMO means he is about to hang his cleats up on his own terms.

We played with fire last year....hopefully DG ends that game and brings in some legit vet OL rentals. Not after week 2 either but right when cuts happen....we can't afford to get in a hole 2 weeks in.

First game is Seattle and they got a very good front

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.