#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

My default answer is that we do, but I'd also point out that three days practice - much of which was unpadded - isn't a great sample on which to base a decision.

#17 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

My default answer is that we do, but I'd also point out that three days practice - much of which was unpadded - isn't a great sample on which to base a decision.

Well, these guys ain't new....we know Piggy has been regressing for years and Bell is limited.

#18 panfanman

panfanman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well, these guys ain't new....we know Piggy has been regressing for years and Bell is limited.

Exactly! We already know what we have in those spots and what they are capable of based on last year. Screwed unless someone gets cut from another team and even then, no ones cutting a stud so it would just be a fill gap any way.

#19 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,936 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

RT could be solved with a little tutoring for Bruce. No question about his strength, skill, athleticism. Its all mental for him. If he can grasp the playbook, we could have a solid RT.

As far as RG, we are one vet away from having a solid unit upfront.

All and all, i feel like its Mr. Gettlemans's plan to wait to fill in the OL.

#20 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I just don't get why we'rte hanging on to Hangartner as a starter.  I can still see why coaches want Bell to succeed but RG is a glaring need.  

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Exactly! We already know what we have in those spots and what they are capable of based on last year. Screwed unless someone gets cut from another team and even then, no ones cutting a stud so it would just be a fill gap any way.

We might not be able to get an All Pro but vet cuts will make an upgrade at either spot realistic. All a matter of us pulling the trigger.

With Cam....a one year rental would be well worth it

#22 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm glad all of you feel comfortable with Amini.  He scares me just as much as the RG position ....especially in pass plays.

I hope the address the OL like DL in the draft next year.

#23 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

We might not be able to get an All Pro but vet cuts will make an upgrade at either spot realistic. All a matter of us pulling the trigger.

With Cam....a one year rental would be well worth it

We took this route last year and got dwan. I'm not worried. The fact we worked out Wharton shows me they're searching.

#24 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Having played offensive line on a college level i understand the that the D-Line most always has the advantage early! Ive been a part of some dominant olines in college that were made to look silly by the d in the first couple practices on every level! Having said that im simply not happy with our right side at all! Going back watching film from last year i saw Bell get not only abused by speed but also dominated in the bull rush, which simply cant happen this year with some of the D-Lines on our schedule.....i love Gettleman but i dont understand why we arent going after someone now at the RG spot NOW, ecspecially with the recent cap space we've cleared up! Playing Oline is about being a unit and meshing together and creating chemistry! you have to know the man next to you's tendencies, where he needs help and where he can hold his own! The earlier they bring in someone the better! As stated before as the OLine goes so does the Team and if we want to make a deep run this year its on the big boys upfront

#25 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,410 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

A few days into.mini camp, no games played; and it's already doomsday.

#26 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Not nessecarily doomsday, but ill deff be holding my breath every time Cam drops back the first couple weeks.....

#27 panfanman

panfanman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Noooo. It's facing the reality that there has been no personnel change on the line since last season to upgrade a position that has such a glaring need. This could be recognized before the 1st whistle blew for training camp.

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

My experience is that D always dominate O early in TC. If they weren't I would be worried. It takes a week or 2 for a Oline to Gel so let's not panic yet.

#29 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,410 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Noooo. It's facing the reality that there has been no personnel change on the line since last season to upgrade a position that has such a glaring need. This could be recognized before the 1st whistle blew for training camp.

reality was there weren't any real opportunities to uograde positions.
before the draft, we simply didn't have the money.
The draft went in a way that no upgrades fell to us.

After the draft, it's arguable at best.
The panthers have to balance the future cap along with the the chance someone still available is even an upgrade.

Cry all ya want, but the panthers have done what they can.

We'll see if someone worth while comes available, or by trade. I'm sure our GM is more aware of the situation.

#30 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Bell will do ok in the run game which is our emphasis this year. In the passing game he gets abused by star DEs. The real question is how many of those will we face and can we gameplan for it? My biggest concern is just the depth. None of our reserves have a name. None of them are veterans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.