Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman on Cam "It's time to start winning"

151 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers

Gettleman on Cam: "He's had the best first two seasons of any QB...the elephant in the room is the win-loss record...now it's time win."

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9

RT @josephperson: Asked Dave Gettleman whether Cam is QB to build future on. After a long pause, he said "Yes, but now it's time to win."

Joe Person ‏@josephperson

But said the elephant in the room is Cam W-L record. 13-19.

Discuss

Posted · Report post

He's not wrong.

Posted · Report post

I agree with him. This has been obvious to everyone.

The issue is having a complete team surrounding the quarterback. Which is the job of the GM.

Posted · Report post

Straight to the point. It's about his record now and not his individual accomplishments.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Wins and losses are all that matters. Cam is the QB of the future, we just need a decent O-line to help protect him.

Posted · Report post

Obvious statement is obvious.

Sounds like Gettleman is pushing Cam.  Doubt he would say the same thing about Rivera to the media

Posted · Report post

People are gonna overreact to this. Yes he needs to start winning obviously but lets remember he inherited one of the worst teams in NFL history. I still don't think he can realistically be expected to win more than 8 games with the team this year. O-Line has all kinds of concerns and our receiving core is average at best

Posted · Report post

Sure. But I hardly believe he's foolish enough to pin our losing record from the last two years on Cam.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I dont know how much there is to discuss on this. 

He is right, we know he is right.  

Cam is never going to appreciate til this TEAM wins.  Fair or unfair, just the way it is. 

Posted · Report post

Interesting that he said yes after a long pause. Probably meaningless, but I hope we take a giant leap forward this year in terms if wins, so I don't have to spend an offseason listening to a bunch of "rabble rabble derp is Gettleman gonna draft his own franchise QB derp rabble". I really, really don't want to listen to that shit for an entire offseason.

Posted · Report post

No problem with his statement- needed to be said.  But the message applies to the whole team (players & coaches), and they know it. 

Posted · Report post

No problem with his statement- needed to be said. But the message applies to the whole team (players & coaches), and they know it.

yeah this too. And coaches. If Ron lets Cam get those inches in ATL on 4th last yr is it a different season?
1 person likes this