Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Carolina Panthers Training Camp Update - 7-30 - Improved Taste!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#76 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

God I really hope we have a good run defense this year, it's really demoralizing these last few years watching nobody RBs run over our defense

#77 t48

t48

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Why isn't Fua just automatically cut

Here's a few reasons why I wouldn't cut him if it were up to me. After practice 07/28/13

Attached Files

#78 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

Ultimate Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Brandon Williams is the new Nelson Rosario...

Lol! Rosario 2.0

#79 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Why isn't Fua just automatically cut

Sione Fua- a.k.a "the open door"

#80 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Is Cam not following through because of arm fatigue or is it because his o- line isn't affording him enough time?

#81 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here's a few reasons why I wouldn't cut him if it were up to me. After practice 07/28/13

AWWWW

HE OPENS HIS HEART AS WIDE AS HE OPENS THE A GAPS

#82 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm not questioning his accuracy or passes. I'm just worried about the little stuffs like I said: form, follow through and throwing off the right foot. Seen too many times where he gotten lucky by his natural abilities. Too many times he gotten by that throwing off the wrong foot. Those are little things that Cam has to improve on. Those are things that even a guy like Peyton Manning still find ways to improve at. Those are things that make a Peyton Manning a Peyton Manning, a Drew Brees a Drew Brees, Tom Brady a Tom Brady, etc.

And I wouldn't start arguing accuracy with "taller" receivers. That's sort of a ridiculous statement. There's no such things as good/bad accuracy with "midget"/giant receivers. Look at Seattle; short QB + short WRs.

Ehhhhhh if your talking about his running ability then yes I agree, but when Cam is forced to throw off his back foot (usually due to having no room to step up) he looks incredibly uncomfortable.  He never tries to play like an RG3, Vick, Favre or Doug Flutie where he scrambles around a bit and looks to whip out an ugly (and risky) dump off pass.  He only does things like that in a last ditch effort, while his throwing motion naturally suggests he's better suited to be a pocket passer.

Believe it or not Cam's tendency to sail passes high in most cases is beneficial.  He's not perfectly on point yet, and most quarterbacks never get to that Drew Brees level of accuracy.  Since his one issue (sailing passes) is consistent, it means it's coachable.  He's not all over the place suggesting it's a mild and correctable mechanical issue, rather than being just downright inaccurate.  

In most scenarios, overthrowing (the exception being passes over the middle with deep safeties) is significantly better than underthrowing or just being plain off target.  Due to the nature of the DB position, they are generally still moving to get in position to make a play on the ball after the ball has been thrown, this makes it difficult to maximize their leaping potential, thus making the receiver the only guy on the field who has a remote chance of catching the ball.  When underthrowing the DB just has to stick their mits out or make a dive toward the ground which is MUCH easier than leaping after a sharp cut.

#83 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Just wanted to say a huge 'thanks' Zod....being in Raleigh, well, we see 15 seconds of Panthers an then mins of RG III and it's never to early to talk about ACC basketball.

....so, I really appreciate these.