Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Guy Cam

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks Red. Real Professional and real mature. I try to have a relevant conversation and you interject some childishbullshit. Do not respond to any more of my posts.

Hahahaha you're great. Go choke on a dildo.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

98.7% chance Lloyd Christmas is grits

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

ugh.

the icon statement was a response to a question that peter king asked about his endorsement deal with under armour and other endorsement deals and it was set up by under armour.

you ask a guy about one aspect of his life and he says he sees himself as being not one dimensional and you then take that comment without any context at all and throw it out for the whole world to pick apart.

the media has been nothing but prickish to cam looking to spin every comment he makes to appease the image they created of him and suckers like you bought it. congrats.

he has an awkward way of phrasing things and is still young. people who believe that the media's depiction of him is accurate are narrow-minded fools...sheep being strung along by people trying to make headlines.

you spend any amount of time actually looking to see what he does when the press isn't around him trying to find something to spin and you'll see a guy that his teammates love to be around and that does a whole lot to lift the spirits of kids and people who need lifting up. he's a people person who has a good positive impact on everyone he's around.

if you don't see that, it's your own damn fault.

THIS x 10000000000000000000000000000

I never really believed the media created it's own narrative about people until Cam Newton was my QB. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I told this in another thread. Yesterday (Monday) after practice, my Panthers Pals were waiting at the top of the hill for autographs. Cam rode up on a golf cart and the kids naturally wanted his autograph. He said he had to go inside and he'd be back. (I thought, yeah, sure ....). In a few minutes, he didn't come out, but sent a security guard out to get the kids. He rounded them up and took them inside, where they met Cam and got his autograph on all their stuff -- hats, balls, signs, shirts. They came back out in awe. It was a great gesture. The kids will never forget that.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

98.7% chance Lloyd Christmas is grits

I think he's Brandon Lloyd Christmas from the Redskins forum.   Just as obnoxious.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Please name which one of these is NOT an icon and an entertainer.  

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Jerry Rice

Walter Payton 

You get my point....

It's the media and people like you who want to take what he said out of context and make it sounds like he's aiming to be the next host of SNL or something.  If he had said he wanted to be Chris Rock then I would be worried.  I hope he becomes an icon because he sure as hell already is an entertainer.  I am much more entertained watching the Panthers with Cam as QB than I was with Jimmy as QB.  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is the kind of thing that makes me chuckle at the grown men who pout because Cam won't give them an autograph.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i'm sure after the cameras were off he kicked her parents, rolled her down a steep embankment, snatched his cleats back, and stalked back to his ice cave to take pictures of himself flexing in the mirror

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

That won't make NFL network or ESPN, that's for sure.

You got that right....watching ESPN and the only thing mentioned about the Panthers was how Cam was a Heisman Trophy Winner that hasn't seen a .500 season yet....God I hate ESPN :growl:

Posted · Report post

Lloyd Christmas is a troll.

and has a fitting forum handle

Posted · Report post

This is the kind of thing that makes me chuckle at the grown men who pout because Cam won't give them an autograph.

I would think very highly of Newton if he were to tell grown men to simply fuck off when asking for an autograph.

Posted · Report post

there was a younger girl from Albemarle who had a disease and was mentally handicapped and in a wheelchair.  I used to see her with her parents when we shopped for groceries-I talked to her because she was always decked out in Panther jammies, earrings, a jersey, etc.  She used to hug me and kiss my cheek every time we chatted. Her dad told me that he took her to Panther practices and Kasay and Smith were always taking time with her.  He said they were the reason she wore the Panther gear every day--in case she bumped into them.

She died last year at 19.  They buried her in her Panther jersey (89).

6 people like this