Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucky brooks talks panthers

50 posts in this topic

Posted

The fact that we can't win a game when Can throws a pic demonstrates that we need the whole team to step up if we want to win more games...

Right?  Cam only threw 12 picks compared to luck's what? 20+?  and he had 14 dropped ones too.

talk about luck i guess lol.

Posted

I'd be interested to see LaFell's numbers vs. the avg. numbers for #2 wideouts across the league. I'd like to do the same for Olsen's #'s against TE1 averages across the league.

It seems like people think Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt, Larry Fitz/Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith/Muhsin Muhammed receiver combinations are commonplace when that's simply not true. I could be wrong, but am too lazy to look up the numbers that would either strengthen or crumble my argument.

I did an analysis of this about 2 months ago. God I wish I knew which thread I posted it in.

I want to say we were like 6th in Tandem numbers.  It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone thought we were.  It may have been 6th with at least one receiver over 1000 yds. 

I took the top two receivers from each team and compared them.  Ironically all three NFCS teams had a duo better than us.

Posted

The fact that we can't win a game when Can throws a pic demonstrates that we need the whole team to step up if we want to win more games...

He threw an interception in each of the last two games in 2012 which were both wins..

Posted

The reason Smitty was never moved to the slot was due to Marty hurney's inability to find WR talent.   Lafell is the best one he ever drafted.  Marty avoided drafting players that did not make him look good--WRs take time to develop and require, for some reason, a skilled eye.

Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, Drew Carter, David Gettis, Joe Adams, kealoha Pilares, etc. Then, he decides to trade up to take a smallish, small school QB and convert him to WR. 

Heck, Hurney sucked bringing in free agents as well.  Moose and Smitty were here when he arrived, and he never upgraded or replaced.

BTW, Hurney sucked at CB and DT as well.

Posted

Sheesh yall act like the reason we lose games is because of the offense. 

Posted

Does Brady have better receivers than Newton?  No.  I wonder how he seems to make everyone around him better but Cam needs better players to make him look better. Doesn't Brees seem to take guys you never heard of as receivers and suddenly they are great guys only to disappear when they go elsewhere.   Don't get me wrong, Cam is going to be a great quarterback but the whole notion he doesn't have any weapons or that we built the team on the defensive side while ignoring the offense is ignorant. Look at our trades and free agent pickups the past couple of year, if not to account  for injuries, the majority have been on the offensive end.

2 people like this

Posted

He threw an interception in each of the last two games in 2012 which were both wins..

Catman's statement was true early in the year but as you note, Cam wasn't that great the last 2 games. His passer ratings in the last 2 games were 75 and 61.   The whole theory that he has to play perfect for us to win assumes that he has  to do it all..  If we refuse to run the ball and put everything on him that may be true but when we use the rushing game and have a great defensive effort it  takes the pressure off him.

Posted

Catman's statement was true early in the year but as you note, Cam wasn't that great the last 2 games. His passer ratings in the last 2 games were 75 and 61. The whole theory that he has to play perfect for us to win assumes that he has to do it all.. If we refuse to run the ball and put everything on him that may be true but when we use the rushing game and have a great defensive effort it takes the pressure off him.

Exactly.

When the defense was terrible and Chud refused to leverage the running game, everything was put on Cam's shoulders and he needed to play near perfect football for us to win.

With the additions on defense and the re-focus on the running game, it allows Cam to manage the game and make the big plays when they are there.

If the coaches don't brain fart, this offense and team has the weapons to be very good.

2 people like this

Posted

Trenches are the key.

Just as a great DLine makes your secondary better, a great OLine makes your receiver corps better.

Just as P55 said, Brady has won for 10 years with the biggest collection of misfit toys that change every year because he genrerally has time to pick one out and make plays.

1 person likes this

Posted

Trenches are the key.

Just as a great DLine makes your secondary better, a great OLine makes your receiver corps better.

Just as P55 said, Brady has won for 10 years with the biggest collection of misfit toys that change every year because he genrerally has time to pick one out and make plays.

You got it stirs.

the only real concern I have this season is on the right side of the line.  If the OL can play well, this offense has the weapons to be down right nasty.

Posted

I feel Gettis will make the team the odd men out are Adams and Pilares. Gettis has elite speed and size and can catch the other 2 not so much.

Posted

Does Brady have better receivers than Newton?  No.  I wonder how he seems to make everyone around him better but Cam needs better players to make him look better. Doesn't Brees seem to take guys you never heard of as receivers and suddenly they are great guys only to disappear when they go elsewhere.   Don't get me wrong, Cam is going to be a great quarterback but the whole notion he doesn't have any weapons or that we built the team on the defensive side while ignoring the offense is ignorant. Look at our trades and free agent pickups the past couple of year, if not to account  for injuries, the majority have been on the offensive end.

Sorry for the double post guys. I guess it's just one of those times.