19 replies to this topic

#16 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,509 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

I think this is a good deal for both sides. The Bucks were not thrilled about Jennings being the PG of their future. They pretty much were content with Jennings walk if he got a good enough offer. They got a guy with good potential in Knight, when they almost got nothing. 

Meanwhile Detroit is clearly swinging for the fences with the potential on their roster. Smith, Drummond, Monroe (their most well known commodity), and now Jennings ( a guy who has potential if he can get his head on straight). 

Plus detroit kept villanueva (sp?) and stuckey who are both expiring contracts, they can make good use of. 

Edit: this doesn't really help the Bobcats, however, as we likely will receive their pick when they are a 6-9th placed team in the East

Double Edit:

a future core of Jennings, KCP, and Drummond has got potential

#17 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Yea there a playoff team now. Hopefully the spirit of isaih thomas posseses bj. Looking like 2 picks so far. Not sure about the trailblazers because of aldridge trade rumors

#18 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thats a weird team the Pistons are building, in one offseason they managed to add the two players with the worst shot selection in the NBA in Jennings and Smith. 

Should be a playoff team, but I dont see them winning a series unless Monroe becomes a star or Drummond learns to shoot free throws

#19 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I pretty much agree. Just a fringe playoff team with no chance to win a series. Only way they even make it a series is if Jennings refines his game, Smith refines his game, and Drummond + Monroe have breakout seasons.

#20 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Jennings is awful. At best, he's a below average starter. One of the only players I've ever seen who peaked his first two months in the league. Knight isn't that great either, but he's at least more useful to a team than Jennings is. A rare good trade by the Bucks. Look for Drummond to post some insane offensive rebounding numbers with all the chuckers the Pistons have been acquiring this offseason. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users