• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just thought this title needed its own thread.

I mean, I would totally appreciate my dad telling everyone I'm a drunk regardless of his intentions.

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

This kid is burning out pretty quick. gonna be a waste if he doesn't change direction

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, but I doubt making a battle with possible alcohol dependency public is going to help him turn it around much.

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

To be fair, he may be right.

Manziel isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I get that, but how many of us were at 18-22 years old?

I just don't think making this issue public is of any help...  If he's already having a hard time dealing with stress and fame, what better way to increase it than letting the public know he is a drunkard and not good with living in the spotlight to begin with?  I'm sure opposing fans won't make a big deal out of it.  I'm sure he won't catch weird looks at parties or on campus now.  I'm sure even fellow students won't ever bring it up... lol.

Just seems really dumb to tell a reporter about this and make it public.  Makes me think his family may be dysfunctional as well.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I get that, but how many of us were at 18-22 years old?

I just don't think making this issue public is of any help...  If he's already having a hard time dealing with stress and fame, what better way to increase it than letting the public know he is a drunkard and not good with living in the spotlight to begin with?  I'm sure opposing fans won't make a big deal out of it.  I'm sure he won't catch weird looks at parties or on campus now.  I'm sure even fellow students won't ever bring it up... lol.

Just seems really dumb to tell a reporter about this and make it public.  Makes me think his family may be dysfunctional as well.

Granted, a pretty high number of people are pulling stupid stunts at that age.

That said, most of those people don't have millions of dollars at stake in their futures.

Manziel definitely better wise up.

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

I think his problems might stem from a dipshit dad. Seriously, if you are concerned about your son potentially snapping or breaking down from scrutiny and pressure then don't go yapping to the media about your son and demons and drinking problems. My guess is Dad has played a big part in his son's issues.

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

manziel's an idiot. I'm so sick of him.

#9 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Manziel seems like he's the most hated guy in college football currently. I lold so hard when Skip Bayless had him on an was acting like he's some kind of choir boy.

#10 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Boy isnt to smart.  He will be gone from Texas A&M after this season.  NCAA will try to suspend him and it will get upheld in appeals.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,533 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Saw where he was being investigated by the NCAA.

Oy :rolleyes:

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

I think the dad's public comments about him drinking underage pushed the NCAA to zoom the microscope in on Manziel a little further, and now we have this. Good grief... Manziel is an idiot, no doubt, but as I said, how many of us weren't at that age?

As an aside, I really hope the NCAA meets its demise in the next few years after being exposed for the fraud that it is recently... Let the players determine their worth and follow the Olympic model, as Jay Bilas has suggested.

#13 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,948 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Wow... do these comments sound eerily familiar to the verbal venom being tossed at Cam Newton a few years ago during his college career... perhaps just a little different circumstance, but essentially the same words and reactions....

#14 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

There are some similarities, but Manziel's dad essentially threw his own son under the bus. People targeting Manziel and coming out of the woodwork due to his success to trample him are the biggest parallels I see.

#15 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I dunno me hearing his dads comments would make me not buy or offer him a drink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com