Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny Manziel's Stupid Dad

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thought this title needed its own thread.

I mean, I would totally appreciate my dad telling everyone I'm a drunk regardless of his intentions.

Posted

This kid is burning out pretty quick. gonna be a waste if he doesn't change direction

Posted

Yeah, but I doubt making a battle with possible alcohol dependency public is going to help him turn it around much.

Posted

To be fair, he may be right.

Manziel isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Posted

I get that, but how many of us were at 18-22 years old?

I just don't think making this issue public is of any help...  If he's already having a hard time dealing with stress and fame, what better way to increase it than letting the public know he is a drunkard and not good with living in the spotlight to begin with?  I'm sure opposing fans won't make a big deal out of it.  I'm sure he won't catch weird looks at parties or on campus now.  I'm sure even fellow students won't ever bring it up... lol.

Just seems really dumb to tell a reporter about this and make it public.  Makes me think his family may be dysfunctional as well.

Posted

I get that, but how many of us were at 18-22 years old?

I just don't think making this issue public is of any help...  If he's already having a hard time dealing with stress and fame, what better way to increase it than letting the public know he is a drunkard and not good with living in the spotlight to begin with?  I'm sure opposing fans won't make a big deal out of it.  I'm sure he won't catch weird looks at parties or on campus now.  I'm sure even fellow students won't ever bring it up... lol.

Just seems really dumb to tell a reporter about this and make it public.  Makes me think his family may be dysfunctional as well.

Granted, a pretty high number of people are pulling stupid stunts at that age.

That said, most of those people don't have millions of dollars at stake in their futures.

Manziel definitely better wise up.

Posted

I think his problems might stem from a dipshit dad. Seriously, if you are concerned about your son potentially snapping or breaking down from scrutiny and pressure then don't go yapping to the media about your son and demons and drinking problems. My guess is Dad has played a big part in his son's issues.

1 person likes this

Posted

manziel's an idiot. I'm so sick of him.

Posted

Manziel seems like he's the most hated guy in college football currently. I lold so hard when Skip Bayless had him on an was acting like he's some kind of choir boy.

Posted

Boy isnt to smart.  He will be gone from Texas A&M after this season.  NCAA will try to suspend him and it will get upheld in appeals.

Posted

Saw where he was being investigated by the NCAA.

Oy :rolleyes:

Posted

I think the dad's public comments about him drinking underage pushed the NCAA to zoom the microscope in on Manziel a little further, and now we have this. Good grief... Manziel is an idiot, no doubt, but as I said, how many of us weren't at that age?

As an aside, I really hope the NCAA meets its demise in the next few years after being exposed for the fraud that it is recently... Let the players determine their worth and follow the Olympic model, as Jay Bilas has suggested.