Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why the panic about our O line?.. Have you all forgot that...

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I miss lee ziemba.

Posted · Report post

I think most have forgotten that our gerneral manager loves big hog mollies.

Trust in him.

Posted · Report post

status quo on the OL is the key to us being at best a mediocre team.

the initial argument that we have one of the best front sevens on D going against the OL as the reason for the OL's inability to look good is flawed. what if it's because of our OL that the front seven looks good?

and how many average or bad DLs are we going to be facing this year? do we need to just count on that?

man, talking about setting the bar low. it's like fox never left.

meh....

Luckily we are in a division with weak dlines the best pass rushers in the NFCS (not on our team)
Osi? He has no help and he is old.
Claiborne? Coming off a horrible injury..
The saints don't even have a pass rusher worth mentioning.

Posted · Report post

Luckily we are in a division with weak dlines the best pass rushers in the NFCS (not on our team)
Osi? He has no help and he is old.
Claiborne? Coming off a horrible injury..
The saints don't even have a pass rusher worth mentioning.

I know he hasn't panned out as the 1b to Ndamakung Suh's 1a, but Gerald McCoy I thought had a good year last year didn't he?

Posted · Report post

I know he hasn't panned out as the 1b to Ndamakung Suh's 1a, but Gerald McCoy I thought had a good year last year didn't he?

He took a fat dump on us week 1.

Posted · Report post

McCoy last season 30 tackles 1 ff and 5 sacks 16 games played

Our own Dwan Edwards 52 tackles 1 ff and 6 sacks in 14 games.

Also Silatolu held him to 2 tackles in the second game.

He would have been fourth on our team in sacks hardly what I would consider a huge threat.

Posted · Report post

He took a fat dump on us week 1.

He also had almost no impact in week 11 when Silatolu started playing better.

Posted · Report post

We have one of the best front 7s in the league? Is it just possible that our D line is just that beastly it makes our O line look awful? Lets not forget that the Bears o line was utter trash and have been for awhile but yet they still win. Also keep in mind the Packers O line wasnt anything special either and they keep winning also.

I first want to see a game aganst a mediocre to average D before I say our O line is horrible. Now if the O line still struggles aganst a bad D, then yes, the panic is warranted. I just think our O line situation is being blown out of proportion. And besides, our O line has looked solid at camp in the run game, its the pass protection thats been lacking. But again, that goes back to two things. CJ and Greg Hardy

We don't know how our front 4 will be. Right now we have two good de's and two rookie DT's.

I have HIGH hopes and expectations for Star and Short. But, let's not forget that history says most DR's do not dominate their rookie season. I expect our guys to buck that trend. But, that us why I am cautiously optimistic.

Posted · Report post

He also had almost no impact in week 11 when Silatolu started playing better.

the fact that he shut down mccoy in that game is a major feather in his cap.

mccoy is no chump.  the reason i'd put him above dwan edwards is because he's a complete DT who's also good against the run and not just a pass rusher.

Posted · Report post

We don't know how our front 4 will be. Right now we have two good de's and two rookie DT's.

I have HIGH hopes and expectations for Star and Short. But, let's not forget that history says most DR's do not dominate their rookie season. I expect our guys to buck that trend. But, that us why I am cautiously optimistic.

We also have two solid vets at DT, in Edwards and Cole. And hopefully an up ane coming 3rd DE, Alexander.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman will grab a vet next week so their salary will not be guaranteed. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a second vet TE as well.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman will grab a vet next week so their salary will not be guaranteed. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a second vet TE as well.

I believe that rule doesn't apply til after week 2 of the regular season.