Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GM confident in Cam Newton aka Joe Person is a moron

115 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Skip Bayless is running with this. He has always been a Cam hater.

This my friend, is how they create news/false news out of nothing. 

Someone yesterday (think it was Catman72?); mentioned, 'until Cam came to the Panthers [he] didn't believe the press creates, makes stuff up'. Well, they do. And do it all the time. Lol. 

Posted · Report post

go watch any gettleman interview ever. He kind of does these pauses where he looks around the room with a smirk before answering. It's kind of an attempt at humor.

Posted · Report post

Joe will end up in the Intercoastal Waterway with cement shoes if he keeps this up with the Godfather.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

go watch any gettleman interview ever. He kind of does these pauses where he looks around the room with a smirk before answering. It's kind of an attempt at humor.

it's the robert deniro in him.

Posted · Report post

it's the robert deniro in him.

Yeah that's exactly it.

Posted · Report post

I bet if our beat reporters wore uniforms that we'd vote the shit out of a new one.

Posted · Report post

Zod for beat writer, he does ten times the job anyone else has EVER done and he doesnt even get paid for it.

Posted · Report post

It took him 7 seconds to say yeah Cam's our man. Why the hesitation? If I asked you right now if you believe that Cam is our QB for the future, and you fully believed that without doubt, would it take you 7 seconds to come up with a yes?

I get some of the Person stuff, but this one is fully on Dave. Be real folks.

Posted · Report post

It took him 7 seconds to say yeah Cam's our man. Why the hesitation? If I asked you right now if you believe that Cam is our QB for the future, and you fully believed that without doubt, would it take you 7 seconds to come up with a yes?

Because it's a stupid question? If you look at eli's and cam's stats they are very similar especially in the early years which cam is playing in right now. What makes you think that he isn't confident in cam? This is a situation where you are overanalyzing.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

it was a dumb question and a very well thought out answer and if you take the time to look at the entirety of gentleman's answer, which person didn't include because didn't create any drama, you would see a GM who is suprememly confident in his answer. the problem isn't the pause, it's tbinking that there is anything to read into person's spin that there was something to read between the lines. 

gettleman's comments as a whole says everything. the pregnant pause says nothng. it's dead air.

that this is an issue at all is all on person, not gettleman. person was looking for the dramatic spin and he found one like he usually does.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Because it's a stupid question? If you look at eli's and cam's stats they are very similar especially in the early years which cam is playing in right now. What makes you think that he isn't confident in cam? This is a situation where you are overanalyzing.

Not only that (what you said). I saw both Eli and Cam play their first two years. And not even close.

Cam was/is much better at this stage. 

I can't believe, some of us are still trying to argue Gettlemen's intentions, and reactions (though there was no videotape), despite all that was written before and after it, to thwart the validity and notion of a supposed "negative pause' related to Cam by him. Let it go guys. It's only training Camp! If anything, blame Person. 

SMH/LOL

Posted · Report post

I hope Cam takes all this media crap to heart and uses it as a motivational tool.  I don't care if he's a "bad" guy to the league as long as we're beating those teams.